Phone trio apartment 1/?

spoilers for dsaf (obviously)

JAKE, HARRY, AND ROGER ALL SHARE AN APARTMENT AFTER THE GOOD ENDING OF DSAF 3 YIPPEE (canon fact omg)

CW // arguing (it's all friendly though), being sick

(being sick entails vomiting*, feeling queasy and uneasy like dissociation, not eating, etc.)

*phone guys can't vomit, but can get really sick (headcanon)

he/they for Harry and Roger, she/ze for Jake

Roger placed down the last couple boxes of his stuff into his new room. Well, the shared room. It was decent. Three beds placed at opposite sides. Admittedly, Roger was just going to sleep in Jake's or Harry's bed most of the time. He started unpacking the boxes until they heard footsteps approaching. They let out a staticky yelp when he felt arms tightly hug him from behind. "Hi, Rog." Jake said happily. Roger hummed back softly. Jake suddenly lifted them off the ground, to which Roger yelped out; "Hey! No, hey, put me down!" Like a small child having a tantrum. Jake quickly cooperated though and put the reddish-orange phone headed man down. Roger tapped their phone heads together, a phone kiss. (Jake totally didn't have to crouch just to meet zir lovers face...)

They shared a quick chat and Jake soon left Roger alone to unpack. A few minutes later, he was done. A few notebooks on his nightstand, a small reading light, some blankets (he was a very cold guy), some clothes other than that terrible suit, and a sticker pad. They felt a massive wave of exhaustion crash onto them. He felt overwhelmed by just the sound of the vents blowing air into the room, or maybe he was overwhelmed because his entire body felt warm. He laid down in bed and just let their system shut down. They didn't want to think about it more.

When he woke up, there was shouting. Roger groaned a little and got up. He shook off the wave of dizziness that surrounded him and walked over to the living room. Jake and Harry were playing chess.

"The knight doesn't move like that!" Jake called out. "Yeah it does! The knight moves in an L shape!" Harry argued back, waving his hands around dramatically to prove a point. The two kept on arguing. Roger, in his sleepy state, could barely process their words. It all sounded like buzzing. They felt irritated. He walked over to the kitchen. He got the thought to reach for an alcohol cabinet, but there was none. Like a phantom limb. They quickly corrected themself and went over to the fridge. The yelling was getting louder, and Roger couldn't tell if it was friendly or not. They heard a crash and their phone head rapidly turned. The chess table had been thrown over, the pieces now on the floor, Jake and Harry giggling like madmen. "Jake! You purple twit, why'd you do that?" Harry laughed out as he and Jake picked up the pieces. "I had to prove a point." Ze says, shaking her phone head side to side. Roger watched the interaction, still dazed by sleep and irritation. "Roger, can you shut the fridge, please?" Harry called out. Roger flinched out of his exhausted state and closed the fridge. He looked at what he was holding, what they had picked out of the fridge. Green grapes. He didn't care enough to put them back, so he just washed them and placed them in a bowl. He left the grapes by Jake, assuming ze would eat them later. Jake looked over and hummed happily but didn't touch the grapes. Roger wasn't too hungry. He felt odd. Didn't feel too good. The warmth in his body from earlier seemed to have raised tenfold. Jake looked at his partner. "Roger? You okay?" He asked awkwardly. Harry chirped and looked up too. "I just, um...Yeah. I'm alright. I just think something's up with my software." The shorter said.

"What do you mean? You're a gen 3, so you don't really have much software or AI to work with. What are your symptoms?" Harry asked his lover, promptly sitting down and bringing his hands together as if he was a doctor.

Roger stood in an awkward and self-conscious silence for a moment. "Uh, well, I- I've been getting those weird dizzy spells, my throat hurts but it isn't really damaging my voice box, I feel really really warm, and um...I'm sleepier than usual? I guess?" Roger listed off. Harry hummed. "I think I have some sort of wellness checker in my system." He offered. "Can I test it on you?" The black phone headed one added.

A beat of silence. "Uh, um...sure? I guess? Is it painful, or..?" Roger mumbled out. Harry shook his phone head. They stood up. "Just stand still..." He muttered, their optical sensors staring Roger up and down. He chirped when he was finished. "You've just got a fever." They said. Harry continued. "Just go to bed, Jake will make you some soup, I'll get you some sore throat candies and blankets, and you can just rest. Okay?"

It took a moment for Roger to process it all, but when he did, he nodded. With a quiet "um", he walked off to their room. The short phone man laid in bed and nested into their blankets. Their vision was hazy, his breathing was shallow and interrupted, and maybe he was a little shaky. They didn't really think they were sick. He's just fine!

...okay, maybe he was struggling to keep the sick feeling in his stomach down. Phone guys can't vomit...right? It's just- just not possible! Then again, a lot of things that shouldn't be possible are possible. Like Mr. Kennedy being orange, that zombie rabbit eggplant man thing, every single phone guy existing, souls of dead children inhabiting animatronics, that one fleshy phone headed one with green skin and six nip-

His thoughts were cut short by an overwhelming sickness and rush of pain in his throat. He sat up and coughed. They found it absolutely disgusting how he could feel the phlegm moving. They coughed again, dismissing the gross thought. "Roger?" Jake's glitchy voice called out. Roger groaned out, flopping back onto the bed. "Uh, is that- is that a call for help?" Jake teased, finally walking into the room, holding a hot bowl of soup. Ze placed it onto Roger's nightstand rather quickly and sat down on Roger's bed. "You alright?" Jake asks. She adjusts her seating to be more comfortable as Roger musters up the courage to speak. Roger's voice box is incredibly scratchy, almost sounding like Jake's, as he says, "I'm freezing."

Jake chuckles and Harry walks in holding a blanket. He wraps it around the shorter phone man. Roger is shivering. "Just get some rest, okay?" Harry tells him, before getting up to leave. Jake presses her phone head against Rogers, a last kiss before Jake walks out too.

And Roger falls asleep, uneasy.

///

If I missed a CW/TW, please let me know so I can fix it ASAP.

WORD COUNT - 1,227