''fun drunk''

CW // alcohol, near(?) sensory overload, vomit

/ / / 11:46 PM / / /

"Yooooo aubergine"

"Yes sportsy my dearest chuum chum? Whaddup"

"I need yoa to fuckiennn pick nme up. Im a party right nw and everything is SOOOO trippy,,,,hel me out here bro im tripping BALLS"

"Where ya at???"

/ / /

The gravel crunched under Dave's ugly and dark sneakers as he squinted at the light coming out of the windows of the house in front of him. "I think this is the address..." He mumbled, reading the smudged writing on his purple hand. He shrugged and waltzed inside.

The house stank of alcohol. Booze, brandy, liquour, whatever. Even wine. Everyone was holding red cups, laughing woozily, making out, and just being gross in general. Dave cringed. He saw some semi-sober people waving him over, and he obliged. "Want a drink? We got a shit ton of hard liquor." One guy offered. Dave briefly considered it. "Well- maybe later, I got a damsel in distress to save. Any clue where an orange man might be? Short, literally orange, scarred up?" Dave wrung his hands together. "Uh, yeah, check in the bathroom. Over there." He pointed lazily to the hallway and Dave made his way over.

He knocked twice, and when there was no reply, he opened the door.

There sat his Sportsy, hunched over the toilet, heaving. He coughed and took a shallow breath. Dave recoiled at the smell of puke, but forced himself to walk in. "Hey there, Old Sport...what the hell happened?" He asked, moving Jack's hair out of the way as the other man spewed his guts out. "Fuckin'...everything." Jack chuckles then tried to stand up, only to stumble and collapse into Dave's arms.

And the orange man laughed.

He laughed and laughed until he cried.

Dave simply didn't know what to do at that point. He hesitantly reached out, just for the clementine man to smile and speak. "Holy shit man, you ever, like, fuck everything up so astronomically bad that- that not even the universe is on your side? Because GODDAMN..." Jack chuckled. Dave looked into his eyes. They were unfocused and his pupils were unusually dilated. "Uh, can't say I have, Old Sport," Dave cleared his throat nervously. "Why don't we get ya home? M'kay?" He pulled his orange lover up from the ground and wrapped an arm around him. "I'll drive ya to yer house, you'll be just fine, okay?" He offered with a concerned smile. "Sure, Dave, do...whatever you want, I don't care." Jack slurred his words a bit, leaning on the aubergine man for support. "Just don't, um...don't....fuck, what was I gonna say...?" Jack paused and held up his index finger. "Oh! Um, don't- don't mention all of the turned over picture frames, and- and shit like that, okay?" Jack blinked a few times to try to get a good look at the worried man in front of him. "Anyways, 's not..." Jack coughed. "Not that bad, I can walk!" He wrenched himself out of Dave's grip and stood tall. "Really? Walk in a straight line, Sportsy." Dave scoffed.

Jack took a couple of steps, before slamming into the wall next to him. He laughed in pain. "Fuck, maybe you're right-" He groaned. He gripped his head in place. "The room is spinning..." He mumbles. "Okay, okay, come on. Let's get a move on." Dave helps lead his partner out back to the party.

Jack almost instantly clung to Dave when the door opened. The bright neon lights made Jack's eyes burn. The smell of pure alcohol made him want to retch all over again. The amount of people who were pushing and shoving against him was making him want to sink into the floor. "Dave-" He choked out, screwing his eyes shut. 'What is it, Sportsy?" Dave asked quickly. "Get me the fuck out of here or I'm going to fucking-" Jack's hands shook as he held himself back from strangling someone.

"We're outside. Hey. Listen. Look around. We're out, we're out. Take a breath of that...somewhat...fresh air. Yeah it smells like shit, but it's still air. Get some oxygen, Sport." Dave rubbed the other man's back. Jack was looking around rapidly, but he was also beginning to calm down. "Alright, let's get ya in the car. I'll buckle ya in like a little kid." Dave chuckled and helped the clementine man get into the old car he had most likely drove to the party in.

As Dave tried to drive as neatly as he could—which meant NOT hitting any pedestrians—he noticed Jack was eerily silent.

"Sportsy? You alright?" He glanced at the orange man before looking back at the road. Jack might have been falling asleep. "Oh," Dave hummed. "Alright." He shrugged and kept on driving to his partners house.

He grunted as he picked up the other man bridal-style. He stutter-stepped towards his usual entrance and dropped Jack into his bed. He then scoured Jack's kitchen to fill up a glass of water. He placed it onto the nightstand next to the sleeping tangerine. He then noticed some stray pieces of paper and a pen nearby. He smiled and got an idea.

/ / /

Jack groaned in pain as he woke up the next morning. "Fucking hell...did I drink my heart out or something? Fuck..." He noticed the glass of water.

And a note.

"Love ya my tangegrrine!! Left yu some water and hope yo get btter from ur hangvr!!!"

///

^ word count: 907