Chapter 4

"Shit do I need to bring anything? I'll just call Lilly" Maddie grabbed her phone and clicked on her friends contact. *RINGGG* *RINGG-* 'hey what's up' Lilly asked over the other end of the phone. "Hey, I just wanted to know if you wanted me to bring anything?" "ohh yes bring some limes pleaseeee' Maddie could practically see Lillys begging face through the phone. "Ok, I'll pick some up on my way" 'YAY THANK YOU!' "of course," Maddie chuckled hanging up the phone. She grabbed her bag full of supplies and checked to make sure she had everything. 'Towel, Band-Aids, knife, charger, wallet, tampons just in case... yep got everything.' She slung the bag over her shoulder and left her mom a note. She grabbed her keys and went out to her truck. "Ok, I need to hit Ralphs before I head down to the lake." she mumbled as she started the truck. She looked down at the dash "and gas" she pulled out of her driveway through the gate and set off to the store.

"God damn, 12 bucks for 6 limes." she mumbled as she went back to the gas pump to fill her truck. "AND 150 to fill her up? Lord." she groaned as she waited for the truck to be filled. Once the truck was filled, she checked the time. "6:30, I'll most likely be a few minutes late" she set her phone down and set out to the lake.

Maddie backed her truck up to the bed of the lake so they could sit on her tailgate and hangout. "YAY YOU FINALLY SHOWED UP" Lilly ran up and gave Maddie a bone-crushing hug. "Lilly I was five minutes late" she chuckled stepping out of her truck with Lilly attached to her hip. "Hey darlin, how are you?" Blake asked, walking up to the two. "I'm doing" Maddie sighed out. Maddie could tell the air was a little tense, so she decided to change the subject. "Oh, I got the limes, 12 bucks for 6 of them, can you believe that?" she said with a hand on her hip. "What!" "Those used to be like a Doller!" Blake and Lilly yelled. "I know right! That shits crazy." Maddie huffed out. "Alright we have school tomorrow so let's get this show on the road" "ok mom" Blake teased. "God you are SO the mom of the group." Lilly let out a laugh. Maddie playfully rolled her eyes at the two, "yeah, SOMEONE needs to keep an eye on you two Heffer's." Blake and Lilly playfully grabbed their hearts like they had been shot. The trio then exploded with laughter. "Maddie, do you have your speaker?" Lilly paused her laughing fit and looking at her with hopeful eyes. "Duh I never leave without it" Maddie said proudly. Lilly squealed "YAY! NOW WE CAN LISTEN TO MUSIC AND SWIM" Maddie laughed at how exited her friend gets over the smallest things. Maddie made her way over to her truck and grabbed the speaker from the glove box. "Ok what are we trying to play" Maddie asked walking back to the duo. "OHHHH OH TAYLOR SWIFT PLEASEEEEE" Lilly clapped her hands together and begged. "Lilly Hun, I would KILL someone for you... but I'm NOT playing Taylor." "whattt whyyy" Lilly pouted "because Taylor SUCKS" Blake threw his opinion in there. "*GASP* she does NOT" Lilly threw her hand over her heart as if Blake had shot her. "Totally does, all she sings is heartbreak" Blake stated. "She does not, Maddie help me out here!" Lilly said, turning to Maddie. "uhhh- How bout' some Luke Combs!" Maddie half yelled, avoiding the question. Lilly gasped and Blake busted out laughing "WOW I see how it is yall" Lilly said dramatically. "Aw we ain't that bad, you just have bad music taste" "I DO NOT!" Lilly yelled chasing after Blake.

The trio settled down after a few hours. "So, anyone study for the algebra test?" Lilly asked hopeful. "What test?" Blake asked concern lacing his voice. Lilly and Maddie looked at each other than burst out laughing. "GUYS WHAT TEST?" Blake still scared said and still didn't get an answer from the two laughing on the floor.

It was 10 PM when the trio said their goodbyes and split to head home.

'God how will I survive without them...'