Chapter 5

Maddie ran around the barn getting everything ready. "Shit shit, I knew I should have done this sooner" she cursed at herself as she ran back and forth from her trailer and the tack room. Blake and Lilly arrived right as she was carrying her saddle. "Hey guys almost ready I just need to throw this in then grab whiskey." she said running off to load the rest of her tack. "Wow she's really moving" Lilly said impressed. "Yep, competitions will do that to Ya, especially when you don't load the night before." Blake said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Ok we all ready?" Maddie said as she got in the driver's seat and shut the door. "Yes ma'am" both Blake and Lilly said in unison. "Off we go" Maddie said pulling the trailer out to the road and set off to the rodeo. "you guys remembered the sandwiches?" "Yep, want yours?" Lilly asked. "Please, I haven't eaten yet" Lilly handed Maddie her sandwich and gave Blake his as well. The rest of the ride there was full of laughter and singing.

"Are we almost thereeee?" Lilly whined from the back seats. "Yes, we are almost there, just 5 more minutes" Maddie sighed. "FINALLY" Lilly yelled flopping onto the back seats. "Wait Lilly do you not have your seatbelt on?" Blake asked, whipping his head to look at her. "No? I never wear my seatbelt?" Lilly said as if it was the most obvious thing. "WHAT! GIRL, are you trying to die?! Maddie, do you believe this" Blake whipped his head to Maddie. Maddie stiffened "oh look at that we are here!" sweat beating down her face. Blake looked at Maddie noticing she didn't have her seatbelt on either. "ARE YOU TWO KIDDIN ME!" "Sorry it's a bad habit I'm working on-" Maddie said slightly guilty. Blake proceeded to lecture the two on how important seatbelts were for the next 10 minutes.

"Do you think they have nachos?" Maddie asked. "Uhhh think I seen a food stand when we drove in" Blake said trying to recall. "I need to pay the entry fee for whiskey and I, take 40 and get something for all of us I'm starving" Maddie said pulling out two twenty's and handed them to Blake. "Aright bet, Lilly come with me so you're not alone" Blake said walking off "YAY I LOVE RODEO FOOD!" Lilly ran after Blake. Maddie smiled to herself "ok now I need to go pay" she started to walk off but stopped and turned to her horse tied to the trailer "whiskey dude, PLEASE don't hurt yourself while I'm gone, okay?" She then walked off to the announcer's booth.

"Hello dear, here to pay the entry fee?" an older woman at the booth asked politely "yes ma'am" Maddie said pulling her wallet out "Ok Hun, what are you participating in tonight?" "Barrels ma'am" "Okay that will be 35" Maddie pulled out a fifty and handed it to the lady. "Name sweetie?" "Madison and Double Shota Whiskey" the lady wrote down the names and gave Maddie her change back. "Ok you're all set the barrels will start at 7 PM" "thank you, have a good night" "you as well dear, good luck!" Maddie said her goodbyes and headed back to her trailer.

As she approached her trailer, she seen Blake and Lilly beat here there "Well damn that was fast" she said shocked Blake turned to her "Na your just slow" he said with a smug face Maddie chuckled and rolled her eyes. "Here we got you loaded nachos and some tacos" Blake handed her two food baskets "you guys know me so well" Maddie gladly took the baskets and dug in. "I swear the foods the only reason I come" Maddie said stuffing her face. "Honestly mood" Blake and Lilly agreed. "This is going to be the best trio night ever!" Lilly yelled, hyping them up. They cheered with excitement. Maddie then looked away

'And the last...'