Chapter 25

Raph felt his heart squeeze, his little brother wanted to... disappear? He felt in that moment like he had failed as a brother. He was supposed to keep his little brother safe and well. "I know I shouldn't say shit like that. I just want to get away... away from all this shit and pain we go through" Raph remained quiet. Mikey grew anxious, did he say the wrong thing? "Sorry if that was too much- I don't want to upset anyone it has just been on my mind for a while, and I felt guilty about those thoughts-" "it's okay Mikey. Honestly, I would be mad if I didn't have the same thoughts..." Mikey was taken by surprise. "What?" "I have wanted to leave all this shit since our first fight with the shredder. A few times I almost did... but I couldn't... I didn't want to leave you alone." their hearts felt heavy, Mikey looked to his brother "Is it too late to leave it all behind...?" Mikey asked as a half joke. Raph gave a chuckle, "I think so otouto, I think so..." they sat on the edge of the building looking up to the sky, the moon reflecting in their pain filled eyes. "I love you Raph..." Mikey plopped his head on Raph's shoulder. "I love you to otouto..." they stayed looking up into the beautiful night sky.

Rusling was heard from a dark room. Two feet the floor as they got up and stretched. They made their way out to the kitchen. "Good morning Leonardo, did you sleep well my son?" Leo rubbed the sleep out of his eyes as he made his way to one of the stools. He looked around and noticed something "hey sensei, where's Mikey? he's usually up by now with breakfast." Mikey always got up early, the fact he wasn't up by now was concerning to Leo. "I'm not sure, I haven't seen him yet. He's most likely still asleep." Leo nodded in agreement. "I'll go wake him; we have training soon anyway." his father nodded as Leo got off the stool with a deep sigh. He made his way back to the rooms and went to the second room on the right. He banged on the door. "Mikey get up!" He couldn't hear anything. Letting his impactions get the better of him he grabbed the doorknob and opened the door. "Mikey get-" Leo looked to the bed, it was empty. Mikey wasn't in there. Leo started to panic, he then realized Mikey might be with Raph in his room. Leo rushed out of the room and went to the room right across from Mikeys. Leo flung the door open and flicked on the lights. "Raph be mad all you want but is Mikey-" Leo's heart stopped. No one was there. Leo ran to the kitchen "DAD RAPH AND MIKEY ARENT HERE!" "What?" splinter was caught off guard by this "I don't know where they are! Mikey wasn't in his room, so I went to see if he was with Raph, and they are both gone!" Leo was frantic, he was thinking the worst happened. "what's with the yelling?" A tired looking Donnie came into the kitchen. Leo ran over to Donnie. "Are Raph and Mikey in your lab?!" "What? No why would they be in my lab?" that didn't help Leos nerves. "Donnie gear up we have to find them" "wait they are missing!?" Donnie was now wide awake. "Wait did you try calling them? OH! I could track them with their T-phones" Leo lit up a bit. "No I didn't try it really quick!" Donnie pulled out his T-phone and clicked on his little brother's contact. It went straight to voice mail. "Maybe his phones dead, I'll try Raph" Donnie was trying to think positive here, I mean his two little brothers are missing and one phone won't go through. He prayed Raph picked up and that they were both fine and safe. Leo tapped his foot as Donnie called Raph. The phone rang and rang. He was losing hope that he would answer. Leo looked like he was going to explode he was so worried; Donnie was about to tell Leo Raph didn't answer until he heard a rough voice from the other side.

"Hey don, what do ya need?"