Chapter 16

Someone rushed towards her, before she could react Anax leapt forward biting down on the person's leg "AH FUCK MAN! GET YOUR DOG!" A man yelled his voice muffled. Maddie took a second to look at the man. He was wearing blue jeans that faded to gray halfway down, a black hoodie that had the sleeves ripped off and what looked like a shoulder pad with nails sticking out of it. He had spray paint all over his clothes. He had armed hocky gloves with spikes on them, and a few hockey sticks being held on his back by a leather holster. But what scared her the most was the skull mask over his face Maddie began to try and get Anax off the man's leg. But Anax had other plans, he bit down harder and growled "AH FUCK HES BITING HARDER!" "I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO" they started to yell at each other. "HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW? HES YOUR FUCKUNG DOG!" "NO HES NOT HES MY DADS!" they yelled back and forth as Maddie continued trying to pry Anax off the man's leg "Okay okay okay- pulling him doesn't work-" the man spoke stopping Maddie as she tried to pull Anax again. "Then what the fuck do I do" "um maybe you can shove a finger in his mouth?" Maddie looked at the man with a 'man how did you even think of that' look. "What? It worked when my sister tried to eat a tide pod?" Maddie went don't and worked her finger to the dog's mouth, Anax really didn't want to let go. "Boy, how did your sister eat a tide pod- No WHY did she even eat it?" "Man. I don't know she was like 6-" before he could finish someone intrepid them. "CASEY! WHERE DID YOU- what the fuck?" A red-headed girl wearing torn jeans, and a crop top that had the number 5 on it turned the corner and came face to face with the two. "Heyyy red, so uh how do you do" the man who she assumed was Casey spoke with sweat beating down his face. "Casey what the hell's going on? Why do you have a dog practically attached to your leg?" "Ah well you see-" "he jumped out of the alley at me, and my dad's dog bit him-" Maddie cut Casey off. "I did not JUMP out of the alley I was trying to skate past" Casey spoke putting his hands on his hips. "Well sorry Anax doesn't know the difference, looked like you were going to murder me with THAT get up" Maddie said as she continued to try and pry the dog off. "HEY, I look amazing" Casey said as he gestured to himself. Maddie raised an eyebrow in response "Na Casey, she has a point; you look like a rip off of Friday the 13th or something" the red head spoke as she walked closer to the two. "COME ON ANAX LET GO YOU FUCKER" Maddie began to get irritated. Then an idea popped into her head. "Okay you red head I want you to pull Casey away as hard as you can in a minute" "wait what are you going to do?" Casey sounded nerves. "I have a name?" the red head spoke almost offended. "Look let's get his leg out of my dogs death grip then we can introduce ourselves." the red head gave a small eyeroll in response. Maddie positioned herself next to Anax, she then put one hand on the top of his muzzle and the other on the bottom. "Okay ready in one... two... THREE" Maddie pried Anax's mouth open just enough for red to pull Casey back and get his leg back. Maddie reacted fast by grabbing Anax's makeshift leash and getting space between the three. "YES FINALLY" Casey threw his arms in the air to celebrate. "I am so sorry this even happened" Maddie apologized to Casey. "Ah don't worry about it I have been through worse, and I honestly should have been more careful." Casey rubbed the back of his neck. "Anyways the names Casey, Casey Jones" he put his hand out. Maddie shook it "Madison Rose, but Maddie is fine." she then turned to red. "April, April O'Neil" she shook April's hand. Maddie smiled, she then noticed Casey's pant leg had some blood seeping through. "Oh, shit you're bleeding" Maddie pointed out. "I am? Ah fuck!" Maddie contemplated the offer she was about to make...

"You guys can come to my apartment, ill clean and patch it or at least supply the stuff."