Chapter 23

Maddie had forgotten Mikey was in her closet. She whipped her head to look at him. "Mikey..." she didn't know what to say. She wiped her tears away. Mikey also didn't know what to do, so he did the best he could. He made his way to her bed and sat down. Maddie slumped her head on his shoulder and let some tears fall. Mikey rubbed her back in comfort. "So... you're moving...?" Mikey asked in a small voice scared of her answer. "Yea... my mom wants me to move in with her..." Mikey felt a sharp pain in his chest. "doesn't your mom live in Montana?" "Yea she owns a ranch with a bunch of horses." Mikey wanted to lift her mood, so he went over to her desk and started to draw on a piece of paper. Maddie wiped her eyes and went over to the turtles back to peak over his shoulder. Mikey was very focused on what he was doing, he stuck his toung out as he put the finishing touches on his masterpiece. Mikey whipped around with the paper in his hand. He shoved it in Maddie's face. She took the picture and looked at it, it was of her and her dream horse she had told him about many times. "Well, if she has a ranch that means you can get your dream horse and do what you really want!" Mikey explained proudly with a bright smile. Maddie didn't have any words; she knew Mikey was upset about the situation and he still tried to make her feel better. She gave a slight smile and gave him a big hug. They sat in silence enjoying every minute of the hug...

~End Of Flashback~

Mikey let out a heavy sigh as he finished the story. Raph looked at his brother shocked, 'Mikey used to sneak out almost every night and no one knew, he made friends with a human- and again no one ever knew' Raph had a million things running through his head. He looked towards his little brother, he seen pain written all over his face. Raph put his questions aside and sat next to Mikey. Mikey snapped out of his thoughts when he felt weight shift next to him, he looked over to see Raph next to him. Mikey gave him a questioning look. Raph pulled Mikey into a side hug as a response. "Look it sounds to me like you guys were close, I'm sure she remembers you; I mean you're a giant turtle that's kind of hard to forget." Raph gave Mikey a small noogie with a grin on his face. Mikey chuckled at his brother's actions. "Look Mike, you know I'm not good with feelings but if you and this girl were as close as you say you guys were I'm sure she remembers you and would be overjoyed to see you again. And if she's not ill have some words for her." "Thanks Raph, that means a lot to hear." They shared another hug. "Any time otouto, want to watch something? I seen this show, I think you will like it." Raph offered to his little brother; he knew Mikey likes to watch shows or movies with someone when he's stressed. "Ooh what's it about?"

A few hours into the show Raph had knocked out on Mikeys bed. Mikey, however, was waiting so he could sneak out. Once he realized his brother was dead asleep, he quietly got out of his bed, he threw on a hoodie and grabbed his stuff. He set out to the third tallest building in New York. Once he made it, he sat on the edge. Sadness filled his baby blue eyes as the moonlight reflected off them. He took out his note, read it one last time to the moon, then set it ablaze. With a heavy sigh he pulled out a stogie from the pack and lit it; he blew the smoke into the night.

"Smoking, are we? You know that's bad for you right?"