Chapter 99: Lost (1)

They say your memories will flash past your eyes when you die, or maybe you'll see the will-o'-the-wisp, but Ye Xi didn't see shit. After tumbling down, the pain came so quickly that her mind couldn't process it.

After a while, Ye Xi finally reached the bottom. She rolled a few more times, hit a stone, and got knocked out on the spot.

Bing Yiyi's luck was much worse than hers. She would hit a sharp rock on every turn, and she had already gotten knocked out halfway through.

They fell onto the thick grass on the ground and their figures were covered up by the weeds. Right next to them were Wei Shenglan and co who had formed a tiny mountain.

The cliff was called a cliff, but it's better to just call it a slope. It was about ten meters tall and the slope was a steep thirty degrees. Though they had rolled down, it was quite impossible for them to climb up. Fortunately, the slopes buffered their fall, and there were also the weeds on the ground that had been growing for god knows how many years. Otherwise, even if they didn't die from this fall, they were most likely crippled.

Instead of saying Ye Xi was knocked out, it was a bit more like she got dizzy from it. She didn't lose her consciousness, she just couldn't get up. Gradually, the pain in her body began to show itself. She really wanted to yell and she wanted to touch the injuries, but even more, she wanted to beat up Bing Yiyi.

After a long time, she finally came to.

Ye Xi opened her eyes with difficulty. The sky was getting a little bright.

The people who had woken up besides her were Wei Shenglan, Nan Gonghai, and Luo Nuanfeng.

The other three were squished beneath them. Clearly, they didn't do too well.

Luo Nuanfeng stood up with some difficulty. He looked around him and suddenly froze.

Wei Shenglan got up and went to Ye Xi, asking, "Why did you come down as well?"

Ye Xi opened her mouth, but she couldn't say anything.

She was fighting with someone and didn't manage to win, so they fell off a cliff together. That kind of thing's too shameful to talk about.

She shook her head and said, "I wasn't careful."

Wei Shenglan helped her up.

Nan Gonghai checked the half-dead people who were squished beneath him and nodded. "Thank god, they're still alive."

Ye Xi noticed that Luo Nuanfeng was looking around so she asked him, "What's wrong with you?"

"Just checking the terrain," Luo Nuanfeng responded. Then, he pointed forward and said, "There's a river over there, let's go over. Once we cross that river and walk a little longer, we'll be near the highway."

"Sure." Ye Xi nodded. "Our top priority right now is to wake everyone up."

"Yeah." Luo Nuanfeng nodded. He rejoiced, "It's a good thing the slopes here aren't too tall."

So, the four early-risers spent some time to wake the other four as well.

After waking up, Ding Xiuxiu was the one who reacted the most intensely.

It was almost like she had just seen hell. She patted the dust off her clothes and pushed away the weeds. Then, she screamed, "Where the hell is this place?!?!"

The culprit, Bing Yiyi, seemed to be much calmer. Fortunately, nobody died. Her future can still be saved.

After accepting this terrible situation, Ding Xiuxiu asked, "How did we get into this situation?"

Nan Gonghai all looked towards Wei Shenglan. He was the first one to start pulling.

Wei Shenglan looked at Bing Yiyi. He clearly remembered that she was the one who pushed him.

Ye Xi also looked at Bing Yiyi. She snorted. "You're gonna want to ask Bing Yiyi."

Bing Yiyi froze. Then, her eyes turned red and she bit back, "What are you trying to say? I wanted to call for help but you stopped me, and you even dare to point fingers at me?"

Raising her hand Ye Xi gave her another slap.

"Pa!"

The sound was very crisp.

Bing Yiyi was dumbfounded again. She never thought that Ye Xi would hit her in front of everyone. If they were on the cliff, then she definitely would have fought back. But after being under her disguise for so long, she could no longer do anything to embarrass herself in front of other people. And so, even though she really wanted to fight back, there was something stopping her from doing so.

"Ask for help?" Ye Xia asked her. Then, she continued, "Why don't you tell me one more time what you tried to do up there? Do you think I'm blind and didn't see you pushing Wei Shenglan?"

"I didn't!" Bing Yiyi shrieked.

All of them had gotten pulled down in a fit of confusion, so nobody knew who to trust. They could only watch from the sidelines.

"Pa!" Ye Xi hit her again. "Why don't you try lying one more time?"

"I didn't..."

"Pa!"

"You..."

"Pa!"

At this moment, Shang Guanxi couldn't bear it anymore. He went over to protect Bing Yiyi behind himself. With an unkindly expression, he said, "Don't go too far."

Wei Shenglan spoke at this moment. He said, "It was Bing Yiyi who pushed me."

Everything turned quiet.

Besides Shang Guanxi, everyone stood by Ye Xi's side.

But Nan Gonghai said, "We can talk about this later. We should focus on getting out of here right now."

"Hold on, we should call the cops." Ye Xi took out her phone to check. No signal. Forget it then. They went with Nan Gonghai's suggestion and focused on getting out of here first.

There were too many mosquitoes in the mountains, and there were also all sorts of snakes, insects, and wild animals. The road was a little bumpy, and they would occasionally step into small puddles of water.

Along the way, all the coddled boys and girls were bitter.