Chapter 110: Run (2)

The peel of an avocado was hard to break open by hand, but it wasn't impossible. It just required a little more force.

There were those who tried to bite into it, and also those who tried to smash it in this hungry crew. After using the force of nine cows and two tigers they finally opened the avocado.

Ye Xi took a bite and swallowed it with difficulty. Even if she was so hungry she wanted to cry, it was still hard to accept eating something like this.

She looked towards the rest of them.

They seem to be accepting it quite well, and they even ate a lot.

After she was done eating, Ding Xiuxiu expressed her gratefulness. "This thing is quite tasty. I think it definitely has beautifying properties."

Ye Xi: ...

In a situation where they were stuck in some old woods, so hungry they could faint, their clothes torn, and having no idea how they were going to get out of here, she still cared whether whatever she ate was going to make her prettier or not. How much dedication does she have for beauty?

But the others actually nodded in agreement as well.

Luo Nuanfeng said, "Yeah, it feels a bit like milk."

Dongfang Yu, "No, I think it tastes like yogurt without the sourness."

Nan Gonghai was silent for a moment. Then, he said, "If I had to say it, then it tastes like fat."

With Ding Xiuxiu at the lead, Luo Nuanfeng and Dongfang Yu all called him out for being disgusting.

Nan Gonghai smiled.

After he was filled up, Wei Shenglan interrupted Nan Gonghai's daily teasing and said, "Me and Ye Xi reached high ground earlier and we saw the river."

Ding Xiuxiu and the rest instantly had their attentions grabbed. Joy emerged in their eyes.

God knows how much they wanted to get out of here, and how much they missed their warm homes.

Then, Wei Shenglan said, "We saw a few men with guns, and they killed Shang Guanxi and Bing Yiyi."

...

Silence. Silence was the name of this old forest.

From the hopes of leaving to the horror of knowing that their friends were actually killed was like falling from heaven to hell.

They were stunned. They wanted to speak, but no words would come.

"Wh...What?" Ding Xiuxiu was the first to react and she asked in disbelief.

"Shang Guanxi and Bing Yiyi are dead." Wei Shenglan repeated indifferently.

Ding Xiuxiu was about to scream.

In general, someone would scream, someone else would panic, and whoever else would feel like going their own way.

Ye Xi who always kept that in mind immediately held Ding Xiuxiu's hand and said, "Don't be afraid. We know of their existence now but they don't know about ours yet. We have an opportunity to escape, or we'll have to fight them."

Ding Xiuxiu looked at Ye Xi. This person had always been this way. She was always calm as if she was a bystander in everything, quietly watching as everyone else made a fool of themselves.

In the past, she really hated this part of Ye Xi.

But right now, Ye Xi's calm put her at ease instead.

Even though she was still holding the fear of knowing that their companions had died and that she herself could also possibly die, she could still keep herself from screaming.

Ye Xi looked at the rest of them and said, "Right now, the most important thing is to find a way out. We have to avoid those criminals and we can't act separately. Also, no fires, and also no quarreling or yelling, understand?"

Everyone nodded. They were still a little stunned, clearly still unable to shake themselves from the shock of Shang Guanxi and Bing Yiyi's deaths.

Ye Xi continued, "Rest for a while. We can head over to pick a few more avocadoes later for reserves. We can't stay here in the coming few days, so we need to pick as much as we can, and also eat them sparingly. Got it?"

Everyone nodded again.

After they had their rest, they didn't stay for much longer because of the shock and nervousness from earlier. Also, they were also fed and energized now, so they headed straight to the avocado tree to get their food.