Chapter 123: Restaurant (3)

Ye Xi watched as Yang Zhi's car went further and further away into the distance. Then, she walked silently to the side, stopping about five meters away from Weisheng Lan.

Weisheng Lan glanced at her. Then, he stuffed his cat into Nangong Hai's arms and patted off the cat smell that might still remain on his clothes before walking over to Ye Xi, asking, "Where are you going after this?"

Ye Xi said, "I'm going to eat steamed fish, spicy crayfish, pickled cabbage, tomato eggs, garlic pork, fish with pickled vegetables, and clay pot bullfrog...Yeah, I'll have these to start with."

Weisheng Lan curled up his lips and said, "What a coincidence, I'm going to eat as well."

Nangong Hai quietly shouted, "Me too!"

Luo Nuanfeng smiled. "Then, I'll join you guys too. It's nice to eat in a group."

Ye Xi nodded. Then, she looked at the cat in Nangong Hai's arms and said, "I think it's better if you head back to school first. The food at school is pretty good too."

Nangong Hai frowned. "You can't isolate me just because of a cute little cat."

Ye Xi raised an eyebrow in a smug smile, a look itching for a beating.

Then, Ye Xi, Weisheng Lan, as well as Luo Nuanfeng went together to eat. On the other hand, Nangong Hai was helpless and was forced to go back to school alone. After all, among the four of them, he was the only person who felt like he was being singled out. The rest of the three all felt that he should head back to school to see if the food in the school cafeteria was just as good as before.

The three of them hailed a cab together.

Ye Xi took the front passenger seat, and as soon as she went in, noticed that this person looked rather familiar.

Mr. Driver grinned and said, "Hey little miss, we meet again."

A thought flashed in Ye Xi's mind and she finally remembered this driver. Wasn't this the fateful and affectionate uncle she bumped into every single time she hailed a cab?

"Hey, what a coincidence." Ye Xi smiled.

"It's actually no coincidence," the driver said as he drove. "I saw you guys from afar and knew you were going to hail a cab, so I drove over. This is the intuition of a veteran driver!"

While speaking, the uncle began to feel a little smug.

"That's amazing," Ye Xi laughed and asked, "Mr. Driver, do you know any good restaurants around here?"

Without even having to think about it, the man said, "Of course! There's one right nearby, we'll be there in a jiffy."

The restaurant the driver brought them to was a small shop that didn't look too attractive. It didn't even have a name, and it was nothing like the colorful shops right next to it.

Ye Xi paid the driver and got off. Seeing that the driver was coming as well, she couldn't help but reveal a look of doubt.

Mr. Driver shot her a smile and walked past her to open the door, saying, "My wife works here, so I thought I'd come see her."

"Oh, so that's how it is." Ye Xi nodded and followed him in with a smile.

Seeing that Ye Xi had no comments of this driver's use of his work for personal gain, and was even taking it quite well, neither Weisheng Lan nor Luo Nuanfeng said anything either.

The former because he liked Ye Xi and liked to indulge her, and the latter because he was a gentleman.

The decoration inside the shop was very simple with the most common type of white tile flooring, white walls, and light yellow tables and chairs. There weren't many seats inside the shop, only about seven or eight, but each table could fit about eight people. At this moment, there were a few people seated inside and they were all immersed in their own meal. Nobody was making any conversation.

A dense smell of garlic and peppers filled the air. Just smelling it was enough to make one hungry.

Ye Xi and her group found themselves a table and sat down.

Mr. Driver went through a small door and a greeting could be heard coming from within. After a while, a woman about thirty or so years old came out. The woman had her hair tied very simply behind her and she had very regular facial features, and though she had some wrinkles on her skin, she still looked really bright and neat because she did not have any spots or the like.