Chapter 119: Rescued (2)

Two men dressed in black and wielding guns walked out from the forest on the opposite of the river. They pointed their guns to a tall and skinny man in black clothes and went over to the river. Then, they waved their hands almost like a sign.

Wei Shenglan put down his gun and said, "I think it's the police."

A few rays of light shot out from behind them. Ye Xi and the others who had been in darkness for such a long time were all caught by surprise, and the sudden brightness caused their eyes to slam shut.

"Drop the gun."

Wei Shenglan and the others put down their guns.

The light disappeared.

Ye Xi rubbed her eyes. The brightness from earlier caused a few drops of tears to squeeze out from her eyes.

Then, Ye Xi and the others were taken to the highway and sent back on their way.

With the aid of the lights, Ye Xi observed Luo Nuanfeng. He was hit at the upper right corner of his forehead, but it was just a scratch. He lost a bit of skin about the size of a fingernail and also lost a bit of his hair.

But that could already be considered extremely lucky.

It would be much too sad to see a pretty boy like himself get a bald spot on his head.

Clearly, Luo Nuanfeng thought so too. The first thing he did after entering the car was to check his head on the rearview mirror. After seeing that he wasn't bald, he finally breathed a sigh of relief.

Following that, these six youngsters learned from Mr. Policeman that they were part of the drug squad, and these traffickers have been on their wanted list for a long time now.

And, the reason why they could arrive in time was not because the resort called the police, nor was it because any passersby noticed them falling off the cliff, much less their parents being unable to get in contact with them through their phones and called the police out of worry...

The person who reported the incident was actually the tutor Ye Xi hired.

After a nice foot massage, enjoying the scenery of the lake, and having a big meal, Mr. Tutor who had his fill of life's pleasures returned to his room but he couldn't find Ye Xi, which means he couldn't get his salary, so he called Ye Xi's parents. Both Ye Xi's parents were unable to find her either, so they were very worried. Then, they paid Mr. Tutor and followed their instincts of waiting it out a bit more. After all, it's common to lose contact with young kids these days, especially seeing as how Ye Xi would generally disappear a few days at a time. They were already used to it, so the possibility of her being kidnapped never crossed their minds.

Mr. Tutor knew that Ye Xi would always bring her power bank with her, and, as a rich second generation, would never encounter any problems of lacking mobile funds. It didn't make sense for the call not to go through. So, after receiving his salary, he decided to go enjoy himself before thinking about what happened.

While on the road, Mr. Tutor met a beautiful woman and engaged in a hot conversation with her as if he had just found his lover whom he had been searching for a millennium, completely unable to help himself. And so, they decided to follow their hearts and they happened to pass by the path in front of the cliff where Ye Xi and the others went over before. Before they could engage in their passionate lovemaking, they discovered that someone might possibly have fallen off the cliff, so they called the cops.

The drug squad that just happened to be resting nearby came to see them quite amicably, but never expected to find the traffickers they were looking for.

You had to say this really is quite a coincidence, almost unrealistic.

After hearing what happened, Ye Xi lamented that owing someone their salary can be a good thing after all.

Now, we have Mr. Tutor who found the suspicious traces because he was owed his salary and ended up finding out they fell off a cliff. And, in the past, there was the librarian who lead the people to a better life out of anger of being owed his salary.

On one side, Ding Xiuxiu was madly chomping down on the roasted rabbit they had not thrown earlier. Since there were strangers around them, her style of eating became a bit more elegant, but you could still describe her as gobbling down her food.