Chapter 117: Opposite Bank (2)

Ye Xi peeked out from the tree trunk and took a look. The majority of the people were laying on the ground and painfully curled into balls. But there were one or two people who struggled to grab their guns, hiding behind those who couldn't stand up and using them as human shields.

Ye Xi hid again and said, "There are two people by the rightmost side of the bonfire."

"Ok."

Wei Shenglan and the rest softly answered and replenished the bullets, moving out from the trunks. They pointed their guns towards the rightmost side of the bonfire and fired.

After they were done, Wei Shenglan placed the gun away and said, "Should we fire another time or go over and take a look?"

Nan Gonghai said, "Fire again and best if it's aimed on the arm. Because if they died, we'd become murderers."

"Mhm." Wei Shenglan nodded.

Luo Nuanfeng hadn't placed his gun away, so he immediately started to replenish the bullets.

Ye Xi originally thought that there would be an intense battle, but who knew these kidnappers were careless and off guard, or believed in that third brother too much. Therefore, they gained an unfair advantage towards him.

Everyone finished replenishing the guns and walked over to take a look.

Ye Xi observed the surroundings and noticed that most of the people were shot on their legs, stomach, and arms. From this, one could tell that Wei Shenglan and the rest had pretty good marksmanship as well as psychological qualities. Otherwise, they could've been nervous and hit the wrong spot, maybe even aiming for the heart.

"Despicable..."

The person talking was the big brother and he was shot the most, one of the people who stood up. He got shot in his arms and it was a spectacular sight.

Although he was in a lot of pain, he stubbornly stood up and glared at them.

Ye Xi walked over and kicked him.

"Ah!" The big brother softly groaned, as if he was suppressing his voice and didn't wanted to.

"Oh my god!" This came from Ding Xiuxiu and she couldn't bear to look at the people on the ground. She covered her eyes and walked to the BBQ rack, holding up a rabbit and asking, "Ye Xi, can we eat this?"

Ye Xi looked at her and was a bit angry. She walked over and stepped on the big brother's hand before going to the BBQ rack and picking up two rabbits. She said, "Let's take some and eat on our way. Let's cross the river first."

Wei Shenglan didn't touch the rabbit and instead, went to grab their walkie-talkies, throwing it into the river.

After they were done handling the matter, they immediately headed across the river.

The river was about three meters wide and there was no bridge; they didn't know how deep the river was.

There was an iron bar that was about a meter long by the bonfire. They grabbed it and tested the depth of the river.

The iron bar went about halfway and reached the bottom.

The river wasn't deep.

Everyone was at ease now and immediately tread across the river.

Although the water wasn't deep, there were a lot of slippery pebbles and grasses at the bottom of the river. The grasses flowed by the river and across their calves. That slippery feeling made them horrified.

They held hands and tried their best to maintain their balance, crossing the river.

There was not much ground on the other side of the river and it contained mostly trees.

They got on the ground and shook their legs first, trying to get rid of the water to the best of their abilities.

After they shook their legs for a while, they started to eat the food they found.

"It's yummy. How come I didn't know that BBQ was so delicious before?" Ding Xiuxiu was about to cry. She had never wanted to thank the world so much for gifting humans, food.

Everyone nodded and focused on eating, not saying anything.

Ye Xi usually had a large appetite and she was famished right now. But now that she suddenly ate something oily, it was hard for her to swallow after taking a few bites. She even wanted to vomit, so she placed the meat down and sighed heavily. She watched as several people came out from the forest across from them.

They paused and then quickly ran towards the big brother and others, raising their guns and aiming towards the group's direction.

"Quickly run!" Ye Xi called and started pulling people towards the forest.

Once they heard her voice, before their minds could process what was happening, their bodies have already started running.

"Bang! Bang! Bang!"

The bullets all landed on the tree branches and missed everyone perfectly again.

Besides running, Ye Xi didn't know what to do as the sounds vibrated in their ears the entire time. The two people holding her hands suddenly stopped and she couldn't control herself, falling on the person on the right side.

Wei Shenglan pulled her into his arms and he leaned against the tree trunk, aiming the gun across the river bank.

There was a lot of space across the river and it would make them clearer targets; it seemed like their side would have a higher chance of winning.

Wei Shenglan and the rest had the same thoughts.

They were all children of good fortunes, so how could they endure being hit? Even during a life or death situation.

Plus, they had a higher chance of winning. So how could they just run and not do anything?

For instance, start attacking.