Chapter 122: Restaurant (2)

"See you," said Ye Xi.

"See you." After getting her approval, Mother Ye happily hopped back into her car.

Father Ye patted Ye Xi on the head and said in a sullen voice, "Such is life, you'll always experience setbacks. But fortunately, you made it out. You're an adult now, so you have to take care of yourself in the future."

Ye Xi, "I..."

Why does this sound like they're saying "Mommy and daddy are going to throw you away, so just take care of yourself. Even though mommy and daddy don't love you no more, we still have to make it sound like we still do. That's human nature." Is this really okay?

As if he could feel the grievance in Ye Xi's gaze, Father Ye slapped her upside the head and said, "What I'm trying to say is, you need to be responsible for your own life in the future. Your mom and dad can help you out a lot, but there are still important things in your life that you need to obtain with your own power. Understand?"

Ye Xi nodded.

Actually, the reason she didn't like the Ye family too much at the start was because of Father Ye's chicken soup for the soul-esque lessons. Basically, they were a few sentences he would make up in his mind during his free time.

After starting, Father Ye began to get into the mood and wanted to continue, but Mother Ye urged him not to by reminding him that they were going to be late.

Only then did Father Ye get on the car reluctantly.

From the car window, both Father and Mother Ye said goodbye to the other bigwigs and left.

Weisheng Lan's father did not appear today. Instead, it was Yang Zhi and Weisheng Liu.

After seeing that Ye Xi's parents had left, Weisheng Liu stuck over to her side so as to put some distance between her and Weisheng Liu, and even secretly glared daggers at her.

Ye Xi had seen way too many naughty kids in her life so she didn't feel much from this. She even gave her a friendly smile in return.

When Weisheng Liu saw this, she deeply felt like she was being made fun of.

Ye Xi stopped paying attention to Weisheng Liu. She was just some brat, so she can just ignore her whenever possible. Then, she looked towards Yang Zhi and silently took a step back.

There was a black cat in Yang Zhi's arms. She tilted her head and happened to meet Ye Xi's gaze, so she put on a smile. Whether there were good or bad intentions underneath that wasn't clear, but it was just a very ordinary smile of politeness.

Ye Xi returned her smile with one of her own.

The parents of the several others left one after another, only Dongfang Yu and Ding Xiuxiu left with their parents. Dongfang Yu planned to go home and sleep while Ding Xiuxiu wanted to go home for a shower. She was quite obsessive about baths and stuff, so the only thing she couldn't get out of her mind the entire time in the forest was going home to get clean again.

As far as Ye Xi could see, though these parents looked worried about them, they still looked just a little bit proud to see their children returning safely, almost as if escaping with their lives was a big accomplishment or whatnot.

At this moment, the only ones who haven't left where Yang Zhi and Weisheng Liu.

Weisheng Lan planned to go shopping and grab food with Ye Xi after surviving this disaster, so he said, "I'm fine, you two can go home."

"How can that do!" Weisheng Liu raised her voice. She said, "You should go and get checked again at the hospital to see if you're hurt anywhere else."

Weisheng Liu glanced over at her but did not speak.

Yang Zhi handed the black cat in her arms to him and said, "Take care of it yourself."

Weisheng Lan accepted the cat into his arms.

Without saying anything more, Yang Zhi got into the car.

Weisheng Liu looked at Yang Zhi, then at Weisheng Liu again. But in the end, she still left reluctantly.

Before she left, Weisheng Liu didn't forget to glare daggers at Ye Xi one last time.

Ye Xi gave her a smile again, only this time, a hint of smugness could be seen in her eyes.

Sure enough, Weisheng Liu was pissed when she saw that. But she had already walked over to the car door and both her mother and her brother were watching at the side, so she couldn't actually throw a fit now. Thus, she could only get in the car grumpily.