Chapter 124: Restaurant (4)

Mr. Driver followed behind the woman with a smile. The woman looked very cheerful as well, but also a little bit embarrassed. The two of them went over to Ye Xi and her group before Mr. Driver said goodbye to them.

Ye Xi had seen many couples who had been married for many years, but they were rarely this loving. They must really love each other, and they could also understand and tolerate each other as well.

The chance of meeting someone like this in one's lifetime was much too low.

If you could meet them, then life could be really good even if life was a bit hard, and you had to live a simple life.

But Ye Xi felt that she was not qualified to think that way. She was also a hard-working office girl, and even a hard-working single office girl at that.

She was a little envious of the relationship between Mr. Driver and his wife, but she also felt happy. It was the same kind of happiness one would normally feel when looking at beautiful flowers, the setting sun, or the splashing waves.

"Hello, here's the menu." The woman had a light smile on her face that gave off a bright feeling, and her voice was neither rushed nor slow. It was a little soft, and also a little husky. Altogether, it sounded very pleasant.

Ye Xi accepted the menu and had a look at it, only to find that most of the dishes she mentioned earlier were here. There were also dishes she had once eaten, enjoyed, but didn't think were unforgettable. Ye Xi casually ordered a few dishes before pushing the menu towards Weisheng Lan and Luo Nuanfeng.

Seeing that Ye Xi had already ordered a lot, Weisheng Lan and Luo Nuanfeng did not go overboard. The casually picked out a few dishes that looked good before handing the menu back to Mr. Driver's wife.

"Do you need any drinks?"

"What do you have?" Ye Xi asked.

"We have Sprite, Coke, beer, the usual."

"Then, I'll have a cup of cola. Extra ice, please." Then, Ye Xi looked to the two.

The two of them responded in unison, "The same for us."

"Alright." After taking the menu, Mr. Driver's wife left.

After chatting for about ten minutes, the first dish was served.

The three of them took a bite and were instantly stunned. The pickled cabbages that looked no different from anyone else's had a taste that was especially crisp and tender, with an acidity that was just right. The taste was superb, and it was very appetizing.

Dishes of food continued to be served one after another. They hardly had any time to chat while they ate.

After having their fill, the three of them heaved a sigh in satisfaction.

Ye Xi finished her last sip of cola and got up to pay the bill.

Weisheng Lan had a bit of a shadow in his heart now from trying to foot the bill but letting Ye Xi overtake him. As soon as he saw Ye Xi stand up, he immediately followed over.

The two of them walked up to the front desk.

"Bill, please. How much is it?" Ye Xi asked.

Mr. Driver's wife smiled and said, "You don't have to pay. Just take it as...Yeah. Just take it as a gift from the guy who sent you here."

"Huh?" Ye Xi was stunned. "Why?"

Mr. Driver's wife said, "He says it's his blessings to you for your return."

Ye Xi was silent for a while and figured that he must have treated them to a meal in good faith because he thought that they may have encountered something since they were standing at the police station's gates.

Only, he never asked them about the truth of the matter. He just one-sidedly believed that they must have been the victims, and not rebels who would hurt anyone. This guy really is...very warm-hearted.

Ye Xi didn't think any more of it and took a breath, saying, "Alright. But we're going to pay the next time we come, alright?"

Mr. Driver's wife smiled and said, "Had your fill?"

Ye Xi nodded. Then, she said goodbye to the lady.

The author has something to say: As someone who's bad in love, I really want to write it like this:

Weisheng Lan: Ye Xi, I like you.

Ye Xi: What a coincidence, I like you too.

Weisheng Lan: Then...could I have a kiss?

Ye Xi: Sure. (Muah, she gave him a kiss)

The end.