Chapter 128: Inquiry (1)

Then, do you like me?

This may sound like a pretty simple question, but on the other side, it also means, "I like you, but I don't know whether you like me as well. So, I want to ask if you like me or not before I confess."

If the answer is yes, then everyone will be happy.

But if the answer is no, then he could just say he was just casually asking, or just making a joke. Everything will go back to usual, and everyone will still seem happy on the surface.

Many thoughts flitted past Ye Xi's thoughts. She responded, "No."

Weisheng Lan hung up the call, turned around, and left.

Weisheng Lan neither said he was just asking casually nor just making a joke to smooth things out.

He just hung up the call and left.

Just like a broken-hearted man.

Ye Xi wanted to chase after him and ask for an explanation, or maybe to comfort him, but even she herself was a little overwhelmed by all this. So, she gave up.

Did Weisheng Lan like her?

Why?

Ye Xi couldn't understand, but she didn't hate it. She just didn't understand.

Not only did she not hate this discovery, she even felt a small, strange sense of pleasure bubble up from within her.

But she also felt a little worried. Maybe Weisheng Lan only liked her because she had the protagonist's halo.

She couldn't understand.

It was a mess.

But Ye Xi didn't want to think about it anymore. She put away her phone and turned away, heading to the classroom.

In the next few days, Weisheng Lan never came to class.

Many times, Ye Xi asked Nangong Hai to call him, but he never picked up.

All the girls were making guesses about whether something had happened to Weisheng Lan.

One afternoon, Lady Longlegs and her posse of seven girls had Ye Xi surrounded against a wall.

Out of nowhere, Ye Xi was surrounded by them just like that.

Lady Longlegs raised her chin and asked, "What happened to Prince Lan?"

Ye Xi said innocently, "How should I know?"

Lady Longlegs frowned. "Aren't you dating? Did you bully Prince Lan?"

...

When did we start dating!

Can I even bully him?

It's good enough that I'm not being bullied by him!

Can't you see that he's towering over me even by height alone?

What's more, Ding Xiuxiu's already turned fine, so why are you still so dumb!

Ye Xi had a thousand words stuck in her throat, but couldn't cough them up.

At this moment, through the slit of the crowd, Ye Xi could see Ding Xiuxiu being escorted into the classroom by Luo Nuanfeng.

Ye Xi quickly said, "Hold on a moment."

Then, she peeled past the crowd and went over to Ding Xiuxiu, asking, "When did you get discharged?"

Ding Xiuxiu looked at her, then at the menacing Lady Longlegs and gals, and suddenly revealed a look of melancholy as if she were staring at a group of ignorant brats. She shook her head and said, "It seems that it's not my time yet, Ye Xi."

Ye Xi said, "Is your appendicitis better now?"

"No." Ding Xiuxiu sighed, "An operation is still needed."

Ye Xi smiled.

Ding Xiuxiu patted her shoulder and said, "Take care of yourself. Let's have lunch together after school."

"Alright," Ye Xi answered. Then, she watched as Luo Nuanfeng helped her out the door.

An Mudie who had returned from buying water quickly walked towards Ye Xi's side after seeing Ding Xiuxiu disappear behind the door. She asked, "You two...Uh, it feels like your relationship suddenly improved?"

Ye Xi shook her head. "Nah, it's just so-so."

"Would you eat lunch together if you're just so-so?"

"You jealous?"

"Hahaha~" An Mudie broke out in laughter and said, "Not really, I'm just curious."

Ye Xi smiled.

At this moment, Longlegs and co began to surround Ye Xi once more. This time, An Mudie was hooped into the pile as well.

Before Lady Longlegs could finish speaking, the class turned quiet. They realized that the atmosphere was wrong, so they turned around, only to see Nangong Hai standing by the door, smiling at them.

...

They went silent for a moment, and smiled.

"Ye Xi, your clothes are so pretty."

"Don't worry, Ye Xi. The school is very safe."

"Ye Xi, let's eat lunch together after school~"

...

One after another, they finished fawning over her and ran, completely useless.

Ye Xi sighed. She really didn't feel like talking to these people with questionable IQ right now. With a smile, she went over to Nangong Hai and asked, "What brought you here?"

Nangong Hai said, "There's something I want to talk to you about."

After saying that, he looked at An Mudie who was silently looking at them.

An Mudie turned her head down and sat down.

Ye Xi asked, "What is it?"

Nangong Hai shot her a cunning smile and said, "This isn't a convenient place to talk."

Ye Xi responded with a half-smile and said, "Then, where would you like to talk?"

"Let's go to the cafe." After saying that, Nangong Hai added, "Let's go to the cafe you went with Miss Liu before."

"Alright." Ye Xi nodded. Then, she packed up her stuff and left with him.