Chapter 105: Third Brother (1)

The man in the lead raised his shotgun, aiming it at Shang Guanxi's head. Then, he said, "Seven, get him a knife."

The skinny guy from the right took out a tough survival karambit from his pocket. The tip of this knife was hooker downwards, and blades like these had very strong cutting abilities. With the inner curve of the blade, it was also very convenient.

But these knives were more suitable for use in the wilderness. If you were fighting, then a straight blade would have a higher chance of winning.

Shang Guanxi did not understand his intentions, but even if he didn't, he still had to accept the wife when he had a shotgun pointed to his head.

The man standing at the left was thin and tall like a bamboo pole, and he wasn't quite sure what was going on either. But he was an avid learner, so he just asked.

He said, "Brother Bear, what are you going to do?"

The man in the lead who had been called Brother Bear grinned and said, "You'll know in a bit. I'll make sure everyone has a good time today."

Shang Guanxi peered at him and accepted the knife.

Seven was just about to withdraw his hand when his wrist was pulled. He felt a pain at his ankle and his neck was caught.

While he wasn't paying attention, Shang Guanxi took the opportunity to pull him over and raised his hand up, pointing the sharp end of the blade at his neck. This person was thin and short, so he was easy to put under control.

Whether it was Shang Guanxi or Wei Shenglan, after experiencing the kidnapping incident with Wei Shenglan eight years ago, their parents knew that these kids needed some form of protection. So, they and their friends were all forced to learn some survival techniques.

Shang Guanxi always felt that he wouldn't need them, but he never expected to use them now.

Brother Bear was still laughing earlier, but with how quickly everything turned around, he howled in anger. "What are you doing! You looking to die?!"

Shang Guanxi pierced the tip of the knife about two millimeters into Seven's neck and drew blood. He said with a smile, "We just want to get out of here."t

Brother Bear responded quickly and aimed his gun towards Bing Yiyi who was paralyzed on the ground, saying, "Let go of Seven or I'll kill your girlfriend."

Shang Guanxi glanced at the muzzle of the gun.

Bing Yiyi screamed, "No, don't! Ah Xi, please, let him go! I don't want to die!"

Still holding Seven, Shang Guanxi leaned over slightly to face the men. He looked at Bing Yiyi and a hint of sadness emerged from his eyes. He said, "Even if I let him go, they'll still kill us."

Bing Yiyi was stunned. This was an unsolvable problem.

For a moment, she seemed to have thought about some possibilities, and a look of disbelief could be seen on her beautiful face.

"You..." Bing Yiyi asked with some difficulty, "You're going to sacrifice me...right?"

Shang Guanxi's eyes looked even sadder. "One dead is still better than two, right?"

With tears flowing down her face, Bing Yiyi shook her head. "No, I don't believe it! Didn't you say you loved me...?"

Shang Guanxi turned silent. He didn't know how he should respond to that, so he could only stay quiet.

He was usually a gentle and even considerate man, but that consideration was put high above. It was like charity. He had a lot, so what he could give out was also plenty. Moreover, his feelings towards Bing Yiyi was only an aloof sense of consideration. He liked how tender and pretty she was, and her meek gaze almost like that of a small animal. However, she can still be discarded at any time if necessary.

Just like how a human would treat their pet.

Compared to a sweetheart he could toss aside at any moment, his life was way more important.

It was a pity. His pretty, cute, and tender little sweetheart would never understand that humans are not actually stupid enough to have their vision blurred by love. Many times, they are only used because they want to be, not that they don't know it. No matter how great a person they were, there were still limits.

And besides, he wasn't a great person.

His love for her was only a habit. He only continued to be accommodating to her because that was how he was in the past.

He liked to practice uniformity in his acting, which was one of his trivial hobbies.

If she was a little less arrogant, self-righteous, and greedy, and was instead a little more self-aware, she would have understood that a long time ago. Then, she wouldn't have to find out now in this sort of situation how much he actually loved her, and she wouldn't have to be in so much pain of knowing that it was hardly as deep as what she believed.

A sense of sympathy rose up in Shang Guanxi's heart, but there were enemies in front of him right now, so this wasn't the time to talk about this topic, nor the time for sympathy.

Shang Guanxi looked away and felt the sympathy in his heart dissipate, instead turning into a cold pool of frost.

After Brother Bear heard their conversation, he was practically looking at Shang Guanxi as if he were scum of the earth.

Shang Guanxi seemed to be able to guess what he was thinking, but he didn't care. He never cared about the opinions of bystanders to begin with, much less the views of some inhuman criminal.

Shang Guanxi stepped back while still holding Seven and said, "None of you move."

Brother Bear and Seven had a good relationship, so he really was afraid of him dying, so nobody moved.