Chapter 133: Ending (1)

Everything was quiet, the wind was blowing, causing the hair by Ye Xi's ear to flutter.

Weisheng Lan wanted to reach out and help her brush that hair back behind her ear. Her ear must be soft, and even a little warm.

After many long breaths, Ye Xi made her mind to ask one last time.

"Weisheng Lan, do you really not like me?"

Weisheng Lan came back to her senses and moved his eyes away from her ear, back to her eyes.

"No."

Ye Xi's eye twitched. She was just about to break out of his arms and run off somewhere to eat five tubs of ice cream, but she heard him say, "I lied earlier. I like you. I like you very, very much."

Ye Xi breathed a sigh of relief. Then, she came close and gave him a quick peck.

It wasn't a very joyful feeling actually. It just felt a little numb, a little ticklish. It also made her heart beat faster, and her breathing felt rushed.

That was what Ye Xi thought, but she didn't dare to look at Weisheng Lan again.

Weisheng Lan was reacting much better than her. He had turned totally stupid and had no idea what just happened at all.

Did they just kiss earlier?

Wasn't that too fast?

How should he react in this situation?

Weisheng Lan felt his limbs turning stiff. His heart was beating faster, his breathing grew heavier, and his temperature was rising.

He was so nervous that he was about to explode.

At this moment, the sound of an engine could be heard.

The two quickly turned around and looked towards the source of the sound.

A car was stopped just five meters away from them. It was no longer coming closer, and nobody was coming out of the car.

Ye Xi quickly broke away from Weisheng Lan's embrace and climbed up.

Weisheng Lan quickly followed. At this moment his face was completely expressionless but his ears were red, and he had no idea where to put his hands.

Ye Xi coughed and asked, "Whose car is that?"

Weisheng Lan responded quietly, "My mother."

Ye Xi: ...

Just let me die.

Ye Xi only wanted to get out of here.

The car began to move again, and it drove over towards them.

The rear windows were rolled down and Yang Zhi's well-maintained face was revealed.

She was wearing just casual clothes today. Her off-white clothes really enunciated helped to make her pale cool skin more pronounced. She didn't look like a mother who had raised two kids at all.

Seeing Yang Zhi along was fine, Ye Xi could still remain calm after that, but she never expected that Weisheng Liu was here too.

This person was the greatest obstacle between her and Weisheng Lan's love journey, okay?

This person was either a mom-con or a bro-con, but either way, she was unpleasant.

Ye Xi's mind was instantly filled with many made-up scenarios of Weisheng Liu making things hard for her.

But this time, Weisheng Liu only smiled at her, and her expression was amicable.

"Good morning," Yang Zhi greeted them. Then, she said, "Xiao Lan, bring Xiao Xi home for lunch tomorrow."

"Mhm." Weisheng Lan nodded.

After receiving her response, Yang Zhi looked towards the front of the car and said, "Come on, let's go back."

Without saying a single thing, Ye Xi watched with eyes wide as Yang Zhi and Weisheng Liu left in their car.

Weisheng Lan looked at Ye Xi and spoke in an exceptionally obedient voice that brought with it a sense of inconcealable joy. "Ye Xi, can I call you Xixi in the future?"

Ye Xi shook her head immediately. "No, that's too cheesy."

Weisheng Lan's gaze dropped sadly.

Ye Xi said, "...Xiao Xi then. Xiao Xi is my limit."

"Okay then," Weisheng Lan accepted it reluctantly. Then, he said, "Then what will you call me?"

"Xiao Lan?" Ye Xi asked carefully.

"No, that's the same as what my mom calls me." Weisheng Lan shook his head.