Chapter 120: Rescued (3)

Ding Xiuxiu swallowed down a bite of meat, took a sip of water, and asked with a little confusion, "Ye Xi, are you really that tight on cash you can't afford the salary?"

Ye Xi said, "Not really, I just forgot cause I was in a hurry."

Ding Xiuxiu did not comment and continued to eat.

Seeing how happy she was enjoying her meal, Ye Xi began to feel a little hungry too despite feeling nauseous just earlier.

Wei Shenglan and the others had already begun to eat at the side.

First, Ye Xi took a sip of water to ease her throat before beginning to eat.

The person driving them was a female police officer. After explaining to them the developments to the situation, everything turned silent again.

Ye Xi and her group had a bit to eat, and also a bit to drink. After filling themselves up, they began to feel tired, so they fell asleep in the car.

They didn't have a very good sleep in the car, so they only slept for a few hours before they decided to just wake up.

The six of them took out their phones to check whether they had signal or not, but they noticed that their phones were shut off.

Thinking about it, their phones may have been damaged after they went down the river earlier.

When the policewoman saw them wake up, she said, "Your parents just called to tell you to give them a call once you wake up, just to ease their minds."

"Okay."

"Yup."

They all responded. Then, they took Miss Policewoman's phone and called their parents.

Since their parents had called Miss Policewoman directly, they didn't have to key in the number. They just had to go through the logs.

Even though the numbers weren't labeled, they just called them by order. Whoever picks up will decide whose turn it was, then they didn't need to waste time discussing who should call first.

After the six of them reported their safety to their parents, they began chatting with each other.

It was mostly Ding Xiuxiu, Dongfang Yu, and Nangong Hai speaking. The other three were more on the quiet side, so they just listened.

It was four o'clock in the morning when they arrived at A City. First, they went to a nearby hotel and checked-in six rooms. After washing themselves and having breakfast, all of them went to sleep again.

After waking up, Ye Xi and Ding Xiuxiu went out to buy some clothes for both themselves and the rest of the others.

There were definitely incompatibilities between the aesthetics of men and women. The two of them generally wore what looked good, but Wei Shenglan and the others could casually settle with buying some plaid shirts and a simple pair of jeans with slippers.

Since they didn't know what size they wore, Ye Xi and Ding Xiuxiu tried to describe their body types to the store clerks. After a communication failure, they just bought all the big sizes for the sake of convenience.

They wanted to do a proper job shopping as well, but looking at men's clothes just confused them, so they just did it in the most convenient way.

When Ye Xi and Ding Xiuxiu brought the clothes back, the boys all held expressions that were difficult to describe. Anyway, it was that look you'd see if someone thought something was ugly, but felt too bad to refuse it and could only smile out of politeness.

After they got changed and had their meals, the six of them took a visit to the police station to make statements.

The six of them were questioned separately.

Ye Xi felt a bit troubled at first, but she still ended up telling them that Bing Yiyi was the culprit who caused them to fall off the cliff.

Then, the police asked them what they experienced in the forest. Ye Xi told them everything, whether it was important or not, but still made sure to keep it brief. After that, she was released.

Ye Xi was the first person to make her statement, so she waited for everyone else by the corridor.

Throughout the ten or so minutes after, the rest of the group came out one after another.

Then, the six of them gathered again.