Chapter 100: Lost (2)

"Crack!" Ding Xiuxiu stepped on a dead branch. She screamed and stood aside, only to find that it was a branch.

This was the eighth time Ding Xiuxiu had screamed in all their two hours of walking.

Shang Guanxi was getting a little impatient. He said, "Can't you just get used to it?"

Ding Xiuxiu felt aggrieved. "But I can't get used to it..."

Right now, Ye Xi was a firm opponent of Bing Yiyi. She immediately said, "We should be tolerant to Ding Xiuxiu if she's afraid. We're all schoolmates after all."

Ding Xiuxiu nodded to her words.

Shang Guanxi glanced at Ye Xi but said nothing, and continued forward.

They walked for a long time but they did not reach the river. Instead, they reached another cliff.

Ding Xiuxiu looked chagrined at Luo Nuanfeng and asked, "Did you lead us the wrong way?"

Luo Nuanfeng felt a little embarrassed. "I've always seen this place from the top of the resort, so I've never actually been here before..."

At this moment, Bing Yiyi who was quiet suddenly flew into a rage. She said, "If you don't know then why did you just randomly lead us around?!"

Luo Nuanfeng felt even more embarrassed.

Ye Xi laughed. "You still feel like pointing fingers? Do you think we would be here now if it weren't for you?"

Ding Xiuxiu had a good relationship, so she immediately echoed, "Yeah."

Immediately, Bing Yiyi felt herself getting short of breath. She looked at Shang Guanxi with pitiful eyes. She knew very well that only Shang Guanxi who had been hiding his deep admiration for her would support her unconditionally.

Sure enough, Shang Guanxi did just as she expected. He stood out and said, "Enough, stop bickering. We should be thinking about how we should get back right now."

Ye Xi, "Hah."

Ding Xiuxiu looked at Ye Xi. She felt that under this situation, that scoff sounded so appropriate that she had also done the same as well.

Bing Yiyi clenched her fists in anger, but she wouldn't be stupid enough to try to justify herself in this situation.

It was already noon at this time, and the sun was shining, making everyone just a little bit more irritable. They also had their bruises on their bodies left from being hit by various things as well as their hungry stomachs, making them all the more irritable.

Over the course of their walk, they did not see any fruits that they suspect were edible, nor did they encounter rabbits or whatnot on the road. After walking for such a long time, they all felt hungry and weak.

They found a big tree and decided to rest under the shade.

Dong Fangyu who had not said a single word this entire time suddenly had a realization. He said, "Ye Xi, you should have called the police when you saw us fall."

Ye Xi looked at his depressed face and said, "Do you think Miss Bing Yiyi here would let me do that?"

Dong Fangyu's face stiffened. To be honest, he was still very disconcerted with the fact that this old gentle and lovely acquaintance of his would become a person that would push people down cliffs during disputes.

When Bing Yiyi heard her, she didn't try to defend herself. Instead, she sat down at the side with a distressed look and red eyes, as if she had just been badly wronged.

However, no one went to comfort her except for Shang Guanxi who was patting her shoulder.

After resting for a while, they had a discussion and decided to form groups of twos and move separately. The first one to leave the area will call the police.

Ye Xi chose Wei Shenglan first cause he looked tallest and the strongest.

Ding Xiuxiu also said that she wanted to go with Ye Xi.

Ye Xi didn't really understand, so she asked, "Why?"

Ding Xiuxiu went with her intuition and said, "I get the feeling you might be lucky."

If I were lucky then I wouldn't be here, alright?

Ye Xi was silent for a moment, but she allowed it.

Luo Nuanfeng looked towards the Nan Gonghai and Dong Fangyu group.

The two opened their arms and said, "Welcome."

Bing Yiyi naturally chose to group with Shang Guanxi because she believed that the people who love her are the safest, and also people she could use.

Then, the three groups headed their separate directions.

Ye Xi, Wei Shenglan, and Ding Xiuxiu had not gone far when she received a call from Zhazha.

Calling her didn't require the same sim card. It didn't even require a signal.

Ye Xi has largely determined that Zhazha was calling her as an entity, and not her phone or her number.

Ye Xi did not turn on the ringtone so the phone only vibrated a few times. She said calmly, "I need to adjust my bra."

Wei Shenglan froze. Then his cheeks turned red.

Ding Xiuxiu waved her hand in disgust and said, "Just go! Why did you have to say it?!"

Ye Xi walked through the dense weeds and past a few trees with thick branches. after estimating that the distance was just enough, she stopped and picked up the call.

"Ye Xi, listen to me calmly."

Ye Xi froze. She said, "Alright."

"Don't go to the river." Zhazha stopped for a while and asked, "Do you still remember the news about the traffickers Nan Gonghai mentioned after you went back from eating hot pot with Wei Shenglan and the others?"

Ye Xi thought about it for a moment, and the memory came back to her a little. She didn't remember it too clearly, but she had an impression of it.

"The traffickers they caught were just one small part of them. Their leaders had all hidden in this very mountain, and they're situated right at the river bank. They have guns, so you definitely must not go. Otherwise, you'll die."