Chapter 127: Hospital (3)

Ding Xiuxiu's scrunched up her face. "Appendicitis...I'm going to die, right? I'm definitely dying, right?"

Ye Xi smiled and said nothing.

The rest of them were all relieved.

After going through life and death together for a day, you could say they were friends even if the hadn't formed a deep bond yet.

Ding Xiuxiu laid down in bed and pulled up her blanket, curling up inside. She looked out at the sky and said, "I'm like a cloud in the sky right now. I'll disappear at any moment. I'll disappear...and be forgotten."

Then, a tear rolled down her face.

After comforting her, they all laughed.

Ding Xiuxiu ignored them and kept on lamenting about her "remaining" lifespan.

Dongfang Yu couldn't listen to this anymore and took the lead in saying goodbye.

After some discussion, the rest of them called Ding Xiuxiu's parents to tell her the situation. After her parents arrived, they headed back to school.

On the way back, Ye Xi hailed a cab instead of following Weisheng Lan.

She really couldn't understand why Weisheng Lan won't put away his ability. This is troubling for her, okay?

She was the type that liked to stay silent to begin with, and she liked thinking about things in her mind, secretly enjoying herself. But it's embarrassing now that there's a guy who's heard everything, okay?

What's more, humans are creatures who need some secrets, otherwise there's no mysteriousness anymore, okay?

Also, it's only fun if she was the only person who got to entertain her strange thoughts!

But the most important thing is, there are countless thoughts that may run through a person's mind that even they aren't aware of. No matter how you look at it, it didn't feel safe to have that overheard by someone else.

It's like walking naked on the streets. It's terrifying.

It's like eating instant noodles without the seasoning. It's just hard.

Like if the sun was in the sky while it was raining. It's just strange, right?

Ye Xi couldn't accept this feeling, so she could only stay away.

Weisheng Lan was a little depressed about this. He thought that Ye Xi would have been able to accept this well.

Luo Nuanfeng asked, "Had a fight?"

Luo Nuanfeng looked how aggrieved Weisheng Lan looked and interjected, "Seems like it."

Weisheng Lan kept a straight face. "Hush."

Once they reached school, Weisheng Lan waited for Ye Xi at the school gates while Nangong Hai took over as the driver and drove towards the dorms.

About five minutes later, Ye Xi's cab arrived at the school gates. When he saw her get off, Weisheng Lan immediately went over.

The first thing she saw after getting off was Weisheng Lan who was approaching her. Ye Xi's first reaction was to calculate the distance between them, and the second was to move away.

We'll talk after I'm twenty meters away.

While thinking about that, she started sprinting a bit quicker towards Weisheng Lan, passed him, and ran inside the school. Only after running about ten or so meters, she finally stopped.

Ye Xi looked back and saw Weisheng Lan standing in the distance where he stood with a straight face. She couldn't make out what he was thinking, but Ye Xi could feel that he was a little sad.

After a moment of silence, Ye Xi's heart began to feel an inexplicable sense of pain. She didn't like how things were right now.

The two of them looked at each other about a dozen meters apart.

Ye Xi took out her phone and called Weisheng Lan.

Weisheng Lan took out his phone and accepted the call.

Ye Xi chuckled and said, "I..."

She wanted to say something, but she forgot what she wanted to say after the first word. Maybe there was nothing she wanted to say at all. She just felt that she needed to communicate with Weisheng Lan a little.

Weisheng Lan's side was silent for a moment. Unable to receive a continuation of her sentence, he asked, "Do you hate me?"

Ye Xi shook her head. "No."

Weisheng Lan then asked, "Then, do you like me?"

Ye Xi, "..."

What on earth?