Chapter 115: Sturdy Man (2)

The atmosphere was tense and they were too nervous, forgetting that they didn't know how to use guns.

Wei Shenglan curled the corner of his lips up, holding in his smile and firing a few more times.

Right now, Nan Gonghai was considerate and didn't expose this matter, turning his gaze towards the pit. Everyone had been shot on the thigh.

After that, they grabbed all the guns, each person holding two. They held a gun in their hand and the other one was slung over their backs.

Wei Shenglan also realized this problem, so he placed his gun away and said, "Ok, let's go."

Wei Shenglan led the way in the direction they came from, walking straight.

On the way, Ding Xiuxiu was very sorrowful.

She didn't tightened her wrapping cloth in a corner, so it loosened up while they were running and half of the avocados had dropped.

Ye Xi comforted, "The fact that you didn't lose your wrapping cloth under this anxious situation makes you worthy of admiration."

Ding Xiuxiu faintly smiled and asked in an uncertain tone, "Really?"

"Really." Ye Xi said in seriousness.

This made Ding Xiuxiu cheer up again.

So easy to soothe.

Ye Xi thought so.

Wei Shenglan glanced at Ye Xi, but didn't say anything. He felt himself relaxing a bit and was in a better mood.

"But, what direction are we headed?" After Ding Xiuxiu was cheered up, she started to worry again.

Everyone shook their head.

It was getting dark now, so they had to light up the way using the flashlights on their phones.

Ding Xiuxiu became even more worried and said, "We only have limited battery on our phones and we don't know when we will be saved..."

Ye Xi comforted her again, "Don't worry, I have a portable charger."

Ding Xiuxiu asked curiously, "Why do you have that on you?"

Ye Xi bluntly answered, "Out of habit."

Whenever there were a lot of people, only Ding Xiuxiu was easily nervous, but also very easy to soothe. Therefore, although they were stuck, no one started screaming or yelling anything.

They walked for a while.

Nan Gonghai said something, "I am thinking..."

"About what?"

They all almost asked at the same time.

"If we can find their base and launch a sneak attack, would we have a bigger chance of being saved?"

Ye Xi objected to this. "But they don't look like ordinary people."

Nan Gonghai softly chuckled and this sounded strange in the darkness, saying, "But they don't look like professionals either, otherwise why didn't they chase after us after noticing us? They didn't capture us all in one go or fire at us either. If this wasn't the case, we definitely stand no chance in escaping from them. Therefore, they aren't professionals."

Ye Xi said, "Maybe they think we aren't threats to them, so they want to hunt us like apreys."

"Heh, hunters that were killed by preys." Nan Gonghai remained a calm tone and raised his voice a bit, clearly mocking the hunters.

Ye Xi didn't want to talk to him anymore, looking towards Wei Shenglan and saying, "What do you think?"

Wei Shenglan looked towards her and said, "I agree with Xiao Hai. There are about a hundred meters of shooting distance for firing and if those people are closer than that, we can slowly get close to them. Plus, if there aren't that many people left, we have a higher chance of winning."

Before Ye Xi could respond, Wei Shenglan continued, "We can't just keep on running away from them."

Right now, Ye Xi was regretful that she didn't talk to the slag and ask him how many kidnappers they were. She can't believe she didn't ask a crucial question like this.

Ye Xi was a bit annoyed.

Wei Shenglan reached over and patted her head and then moved away. In the darkness, only Ye Xi and Wei Shenglan knew.

Ye Xi could tell he was comforting her, but she couldn't help but look at him although he kept his sight ahead of him.

At this time, Nan Gonghai said, "Plus, we were all part of the shooting club in the past. Although we never shoot someone before, we do have experiences in hunting. Ye Xi and Ding Xiuxiu, you guys can hide behind me."

Ding Xiuxiu remained silent as she really wasn't suitable to be on the frontier.

Ye Xi kept quiet as well since she didn't know how to shoot a gun. If she learned right now, she probably would just drag them down.

Therefore, Ye Xi and Ding Xiuxiu gradually walked behind the others and were in charge of lighting up their path. Because their guns were useless, they took out the bullets and threw the guns way; they were in charge of delivering bullets to them later on.

Ding Xiuxiu moved closer to Ye Xi and asked, "Are you afraid?"

It would be untrue if Ye Xi said she wasn't as this was a life or death situation. But she couldn't express this feeling right now and add onto the fear. Therefore, she asked in a calm tone, "Are you?"

Ding Xiuxiu was silent momentarily before she said, "I'm not afraid."

Ye Xi smiled and said, "Show off."

Ding Xiuxiu was originally super scared but because she was called a 'show off,' she was not resigned to this. She emphasized, "I'm really not scared. Not scared at all!"

Ye Xi continued and asked, "Double negatives give a positive, right?"