Chapter 116: Opposite Bank (1)

Ding Xiuxiu was speechless.

"Hahaha~"

In the darkness, soft laughter rang.

Despite how quiet they were, in this deep forest, one could clearly hear their voices. Wei Shenglan and the others had heard their conversation and laughed at them,

Ye Xi wanted to tease Ding Xiuxiu a bit more when she saw a slight flame in front. Since Wei Shenglan and the others stopped, she did too.

Ding Xiuxiu was still immersed in the thought that she couldn't retort and she accidentally bumped into Luo Nuanfeng's back.

Luo Nuanfeng subconsciously held her hands and helped her steady her body, saying in a low voice, "Be quiet and don't move."

Ding Xiuxiu had seen the flame in front of them as well, nodding and saying, "Ok."

Ye Xi turned the flashlight on her phone off and said, "Everyone, turn off your flashlights."

They quickly turned off their flashlights and the originally pitch-black road became darker.

Ding Xiuxiu was a bit frightened, clinging onto the corner of Luo Nuanfeng's sleeves.

It was dark and there was no moon, only scattered stars in the sky. The only light ray was blocked by the crisscrossed tree branches. They were used to the darkness but they still couldn't see the road ahead of them clearly.

Ye Xi gave up trying to get used to it and said, "Let's just make our way through the dark."

"Mhm."

"Ok."

She heard scattered responses.

There were a lot of crushed stones and weeds on the ground, making it hard to walk and creating fear as they were walking in the darkness. The sounds of their heavy breaths appeared every now and then.

Ye Xi groped around the dark and softly said, "We should create two groups, three people per group."

"Ok." Wei Shenglan responded first and he continued to say, "Me, you, and Xiao Hai in one group while Ding Xiuxiu, Xiao Yu, and Nuanfeng in another group."

Ye Xi nodded and said, "Ding Xiuxiu, what do you guys think?"

Luo Nuanfeng said, "Ok. Xiao Yu and I have grouping experiences."

"Oof!" In the darkness, Ding Xiuxiu groaned.

She was very unlucky, stepping into another puddle and she suppressed her shriek.

Ye Xi asked, "Are you ok?"

Ding Xiuxiu responded, "Yeah."

After that, she shook the water off her feet.

After they determined their strategy, the rest of them continued to walk ahead.

As they got closer to the flame, it became bigger. It started off as the size of a star, then to the size of a fist, and now finally the size of a washbowl...

Their vision became clearer and quickly, they walked to the edge of the forest. They hid behind the sturdy tree trunks and observed the scene in front of them.

There was a river about 30 meters from here and a few bonfires. There was an iron rack on top of the bonfire which was made into a simple BBQ rack, with meat on top. About seven or eight people gathered around.

Ye Xi heard people wolfing down the food, clearly famished.

She was very hungry as well, but she was good at holding in the feeling and acted polite.

Who knew that they had pretty good luck and kept on walking forward, ending up at the river bank casually.

The people were all laughing and chilling, their voices loud and clear.

"Brother, who knew that group of people were quite crafty and sneaky. They even hurt Brother Xiong but thankfully, he bought his walkie-talkie with them." A tall and skinny expressionless man said towards a skinny man.

Besides the person talking was a plump man who was worried. "Brother Xiong and the rest are injured, so can we still leave according to the plan?"

The leader turned around and looked towards him, saying, "No matter whether we can or not, we have to leave. Do you understand?"

The plump man said, "Yes, yes, yes. Big brother, do you want the rabbit's leg?"

As he said this, he took down the rabbit from the BBQ rack and delivered it to him.

The big brother took a bite and was instantly burned. He fiercely moved the roasted rabbit to the side and spat.

The skinny man by his side hurriedly delivered a glass of water.

The big brother took the glass of water and sipped it, saying in a cold tone, "I want them to die tragic deaths. How dare they touch my people?!"

"Big brother is mighty and formidable!"

"Right, we need to teach them a lesson."

"Since third brother is leading us, everything will definitely go our way!"

"Hahah~"

...

The atmosphere was harmonious.

Ye Xi wanted to take off her shoes and slam it against their heads.

They were the one who wanted to kill us and they wouldn't allow us to hit them back?

The double standards...

Wei Shenglan looked at Luo Nuanfeng and the two looked at each other, moving to the side.

Ye Xin followed Wei Shenglan and moved to the side too.

Wei Shenglan and the other raised their guns, pointed at the people by the river bank and pulling the triggers.

Although there were silencers on the guns, it can't completely silence the guns firing. Though it did silence the sound for the majority of the part. Since the kidnappers were eating BBQ right now and chatting about their future, they didn't really notice these sounds.

Four bullets all fired at once, shooting the kidnappers.

Wei Shenglan and the others didn't stop because of this, shooting a few more times. Then, they hid behind the tree trunks.

Ye Xi moved to the side and took out the bullets, delivering it to them.

At first, Ding Xiuxiu's mind went blank from terror. However, she didn't forget what they had talked about before. After they were done shooting, she delivered bullets to them and hid behind the tree trunk with Luo Nuanfeng.

They heard cries of fear by the river bank.