Chapter 112: Rock (1)

Ding Xiuxiu had almost missed and when her body leaned forward, her two legs perfectly kneeled against the floor. When one's body falls forward, one would subconsciously extend their hands and supports their body against the floor. Therefore, their head would droop instinctively.

The only imperfect thing was that she kneeled unexpectedly and it hurt a lot.

Because of this, although she wanted to stand up by herself, her weak knees wouldn't allow her to do so.

Luo Nuanfeng steadied himself and then noticed that his good friend was kneeling on the ground, looking a bit upset and disappointed. It seems like she had lost her motivation in life and didn't want to live anymore, wanting to become ashes.

He looked towards the others and they were looking around.

Luo Nuanfeng sighed and reached over to pull Ding Xiuxiu up.

Ding Xiuxiu grabbed onto his hand and stood up, acting calm and pretending like it didn't hurt at all. Yet, her face became distorted from trying to hold in the pain.

Luo Nuanfeng didn't want to witness this scene, so he glanced at Ye Xi and Wei Shenglan.

From the beginning to end, the two remained calm and acted like the leaders.

No. They did become the leaders. Although this wasn't clearly expressed, they spoke the truth. It was because of their quick reactions that they were able to safely stand here right now.

After Ye Xi stood steadily, she thanked Wei Shenglan and then looked in the direction of the scream.

The scream came from the spot they just walked around; A pit formed.

Dong Fangyu clearly noticed this too and he was curious, wanting to take a look.

"Dong Fangyu, stop!" Ye Xi hurriedly stopped him.

Dong Fangyu's body stiffened and he looked back at Ye Xi, not sure what was happening; he looked innocently at her.

When facing pet-like eyes, Ye Xi really couldn't speak harshly to him. She lowered her voice and said, "They have guns in their hands and even if they had fallen into the pit, they can still fire at us, do you understand?"

Dong Fangyu understood and took a few steps back, holding lingering fears and patting his chest.

Nang Gonghai asked, "Then what should we do right now?"

Ye Xi looked towards Wei Shenglan and the latter thought about it before saying, "There are probably more people behind us, so we only have two options right now."

Dong Fangyu was impatient and probed, "What two options?"

"The first one is to run and find a safe place to hide. The second is to find a way to knock out the people in the pit and take their guns, so we won't be unarmed and defenseless." Wei Shenglan said this and he glanced at everyone, as if he was waiting for their opinions.

They all looked at each other, unable to come up with a consensus. Therefore, Nang Gonghai raised his hand and asked, "I noticed that there are a lot of rocks and pebbles around here. We can toss rocks into the pit and knock them out like this, and then go down to grab their guns."

Ye Xi also raised her hand, saying, "I agree with Xiao Hai's idea."

Seeing that they both agreed, Dong Fangyu also raised his hand to say, "I agree with Xiao Hai and Ye Xi."

Luo Nuanfeng shrugged his shoulders and said, "This seems like the only option right now."

Ding Xiuxiu asked the crucial question. "Who's going down to grab the guns later on?"

Ye Xi stared at her strangely.

She just noticed that Ding Xiuxiu who was usually an idiot became very smart ever since they entered the forest. In the beginning, she was still having trouble getting used to it and complaining about this, but she was able to ask the crucial question right now. It felt like she grew from a baby into an eight feet tall man, surprising everyone.

Ding Xiuxiu noticed her gaze and only thought it was strange, not minding it however.

Because of Ding Xiuxiu's words, the air became silent.

Without a doubt, it was very dangerous to go down and grab their guns because if someone wasn't knocked out, the person going down could be beaten, held hostage, or killed.

...

It was silent for a few seconds until Ye Xi broke it. She said, "Now is not the time to talk about this. Let's knock them out first."

When everyone heard this, they thought it was logical and they all began to look for stones and rocks to knock those people out.

They were all enthusiastic; no matter who it was, they all wanted to take this chance to get revenge on the people chasing after them since they were now in their hands.

Plus, they were all wealthy and good looking second generation. In the past, they would only be praised by people and politely treated, so when did they ever endure these kind of treatment?

The answer was only Ye Xi, who originally worked, had received this kind of attitude.

This was also one of the reasons why they had unified opinions.

They heard men cursing and murmuring within the pit from time to time. Occasionally, they would hear a bang as someone clearly fired due to anger.

In the process of transporting stones to knock the men out, Ye Xi and Wei Shenglan were quite close to one another, so she asked him, "Why is there a pit here? Did you dig this?"