The morning after (Chapter 6)

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. Unlike other days it made me want to throw my phone against the wall to make it shut up. That was when I recollected the memories of yesterday. Luckily, I had done nothing crazy, I never did. I hated getting way to drunk because it was easy to do stuff and regret them. The amount of alcohol I drank yesterday may have been a little too much.

It was in fact, my head was pounding and as soon as I could collect myself, I would get up and take a painkiller. Down the hall I could hear the very pleasurable sound of someone throwing up. Beth had been pretty drunk, so it was probably her. I wobbled into my bathroom and took out the pills. Along with a painkiller I took my anxiety meds and gave them a few minutes to work.

I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. Viv stood there totally unfaced by the hangover she must be having. I slipped down onto a chair and placed my head on the cold table and let out a groan. Viv nodded at me while continuing whit whatever she was doing in the kitchen. After a while she handed me a big cup of tea. "I made it the way you like. You look rough. At least better than Beth, she vomited all over the bed and I had to clean it up. I have now escaped into the kitchen." Viv said with an almost annoyed look on her face. It was in a joking manner, and I let out a small laugh.

At the same time Beth made her way down into the kitchen. She looked very rough, her face white and eyes red. I handed her my cup of tea with a smile. The painkillers had started doing their job and now it was only half as bad as before. Not ideal drinking and having training the day after but at least I would be able to perform as good as other days. Beth on the other hand still looked like she had been hit by a truck and would probably have a tough time at practice.

We took the bus today. None of us were in excellent condition and driving hungover is never fun. We got training in time and got changed before most other people arrived. Everyone that walked into the locker room looked as rough as I felt. It was great knowing that I was not the only one who had messed up. The team walked out onto the pitch together and we were faced with Jonas, looking extremely disappointed. "Girls, I know drinking is fun and that you all deserve some relaxation. But drinking is better in moderation. Now some of you will experience training hungover for the first time and it is not something I recommend. I will not go easy on you all today if you think so." Jonas said, disappointed showing very clearly in his face. Working out hungover was shit, it always made me feel like I would faint. I did faint when I had morning practice back in school after a weekend of drinking.

Practice was everything I thought it would be. Ridiculously hard and challenging with a few new exercises. All of that along with teammates who drank to much yesterday having it all coming back up. Was not the most enjoyable training but I would much rather have that than the lack of self confidence I had when I was younger. It was something that would swallow me. Every little mistake could ruin hundreds of good passes, shots and just me doing my best. It felt like I was going to drown, and every mistake just making me go further down. I was glad that I finally had the confidence to only care about what I did good while also reflecting about what I had done wrong. Getting confident in yourself takes years but the feeling when you are starting to feel confident in yourself is all worth it. 

Excuse my writing about drinking and hangovers. I don't have a lot of experience in that department since I don't drink. 

On the other hand I have experience about lack of confidence when playing a sport. It ruined soccer for me and almost ruined the other sport I practice. I still have a long way to go before I feel confident in my own abilities, but very much working on it. 

And what do we think about everything so far. This story is also just me working on my English writing since that needs a lot of work.

Having a big math test soon which means slower updates. Be patient with me please!!

Love E