Winning (Chapter 30)

After this book is finished who would you like me to write about? I was thinking maybe someone from Barcelona?

It was the 95th minute of the game. This corner was the last thing that would happen. We were tied, 1-1. This corner could change the outcome of the game. If we would go home with one point or all three points.

Everyone was in the box, even Manu, our goalkeeper. We wanted the points.

Steph stood next to the corner flag, the ball at her feet. She took a step back, and another one, a third and then a fourth. She threw both hands in the air, informing us all what corner she would kick.

I stood in the outer corner of the box without someone marking me. That was a first.

The ball came closer to the players inside the box. Everyone jumped up, trying to get their head on it.

Only one succeded. It was Leah, I saw the ball slowly going towards the goal. Past the goalkeeper and into the net. She had done it. A second later, we were all on the ground. Hugging Leah and celebrating. The players from City looked defeated. And they were.

Finally, we were able to celebrate, to celebrate our victory.

The game came to an end after the corner. City only got to play the ball once before it was over. That familiar whistle blew, and we had done it. A win against City.

After the game I spent a few minutes talking to Filippa Angeldahl. We played together on the national team and had grown up playing for the same youth team. A small club in Uppsala called Vaksala. For me, it was the best club ever. Everyone was happy and cheered for each other. The atmosphere being incredible. After we had won Gothia Cup, everyone moved. Both me, Filippa, and Nathalie moved to Sirius. I played there for several years before moving to Barcelona.

"Bra kört idag Otto." Filippa said as the two of us hugged each other. She was one of my closest friends, since we had grown up together. Even though she and Natalie had always been closer with each other. We had grown apart a bit, with my time in Barcelona there was less time to see each other. And at camp I always shared a room with Amanda Ilestedt. "Tack Filippa, du körde också jättebra. Jag har nästan glömt hur svårt det är att spela mot dig." I answered her with a smile. The rest of our talk was mostly discussing the game and agreeing to get a coffee as soon as possible.

We would be having our international break soon and could spend our days together then. It was a few qualifying games for the world cup, along with training and teambuilding.

That was next weekend. I would have to pack my bag later this week, a later problem.

The party in the changing room was fire as always. Everyone sang and danced, some barely clothed and others wearing more. For the first time I was only wearing my sports bra and panties. I had gotten comfortable with the team and could stand there with less clothes and feel comfortable.

Leah gave me a look and put on London boy by Taylor Swift. I screamed the lyrics at her, and she screamed them back, except I changed the word boy into girl. Earning a smile from her.

No one noticed how close we danced, and no one noticed the words I sang. It was like we were alone, but we were in a room full of people. Not even one of them mattered in that moment.

It was me and Leah.

Leah and Ottilia.

Translations:

Bra kört idag Otto – Good game today Otto

Tack Filippa, du körde också jättebra. Jag har nästan glömt hur svårt det är att spela mot dig – Thank you Filippa, you also played great. I had almost forgotten how hard it is to play against you.

Remember to vote and maybe give a little comment if you enjoy it. Helps a lot to be honest.

This was the longest I spent without updating this story. I took a vacation and break from everything.

Who would go to Sirius when Vaksala is right there? I can't speak badly against my own club, but let's say that my last few years there were hell. Hopefully no one I know sees this because then they might know who I am.