Fire on Fire (Chapter 16)

Leah drove me all the way back home. I was working on getting a car, even though I hated driving. Relaying on others was not something I enjoyed, but a car meant that I could drive when I had to. Obviously I would still try to get driven by my teammates.

I had talked with a car company, and I would take a bus there after practice tomorrow to buy a car. I know absolutely nothing about cars, the only thing I knew is that I want a smaller car. Because driving with a big car in London is annoying. Plus, the car has to be pretty, who would want an ugly car?

Before walking in I knocked on the door. Because I did not want to walk in on Beth and Viv doing something that you would rather not see. Luckily, they were sitting on the couch watching a movie. Curled up closely yes, but from my angle not doing anything inappropriate. They both asked me to join them, but I felt like a few calls home were necessary. My mom would want to know everything about yesterday, and also about today. My grandparents would want to talk to me, they watched all of my games and were my biggest supporters. Living in London meant missing out on spending time with my family. It also meant that I could live my dream, paying soccer and for one of the best teams in the world. The same thoughts had been on my mind ever since I moved away from Sweden.

How could I sacrifice my family for my career? But how could I not? Everyone in my family had been supportive of my decision. Even though no one really wanted me to move to Barcelona at 18 it was my decision, my choice. They wanted me to be happy and I was, away from home and my past. But I couldn't run from it forever, someday it would catch up with me. I don't know how I will survive that day, but I have to. Otherwise one is not human, but a piece of dirt. London was my second new start, and hopefully my last. No. It would be my last, moving away would not change my feelings, no matter how hard I believed it would. It hadn't changed my feelings about Sweden nor Barcelona. For all I know it just made me feel weak, like I couldn't handle living. 

After two hours of talking to my family back in Sweden I walked down the stairs. Loudly announcing that I was on my way. I was met with laughter from both Beth and Viv. Beth was laying on the couch, watching TikTok's and Viv was in the kitchen cooking dinner. I walked inside the kitchen while I asked if Viv needed any help. As always, she forced me out and onto the couch, telling me to get some rest. "She did the same with me, I don't understand why she hates having people in the kitchen while she cooks." Beth complained to me. "I get it, it is very annoying having someone else in thee kitchen. Anyways I can't complain because I get to lay here with you." I said with a smile. Beth just nodded, head in her phone and her focus elsewhere. 

I joined her, watching TikTok's and sending the funniest to her and Leah. Not bothering showing her my phone when I found them. She did the same, my inbox was soon filled with messages. From both her and Leah. Some answers on the videos I sent and some just new videos. I answered them both after watching every single one. The last one from Leah was a video of me. Or a couple videos of me. They were all from last night, me running and passing, as well as a video of me pulling up my shirt to wipe the sweat away. Showing half of my sports bra and all of my stomach. I had muscles, but my abs were not as prominent as some of my teammates. It didn't matter how much I worked out. A year ago, I had learnt that it was fat protecting my uterus and other organs, very much thankful for that. It was weird seeing this, and the comments were even weirder. I knew people thought I looked good, but it was still strange. 

Dinner was fun as always. We all ate the good food, joked and laughed. The way it is supposed to be, having fun with your friends. I was grateful I lived here, even if it wasn't for long. Living alone would be great. Not having to worry about anyone else and being as loud as I wanted to. Being able to watch movies at night, going for early morning runs, and listening to loud music. I couldn't wait to live alone, even if it meant having Leah as my neighbour. 

Lol, I might be going on a date with my crush. Dinner and a movie.
Also, I have a game this weekend, so I'm excited