First meeting (Chapter 26)

Sofia and I were brought out of our phones by a knock on the door. The cats were at the door a second later and I soon followed them. Before I opened the door, I grabbed both cats, just so they wouldn't run away. They had never done that in Barcelona, but this was a new place, and they hadn't gotten used to it yet.

Holding two cats that wanted to get down and opening a door at the same time wasn't as easy as you might expect. On the other side of the door was Leah, her hands behind her back and a smile on her face. "Come on in!" I told her and stepped away from the door before closing it behind her. As soon as the door closed, I put the cats down. They stood on either side of me and inspected Leah carefully. I was surprised that Måne still was here, she was very shy and every time she met someone new it would take her a while to get warmed up to them. Before I could say something about that Måne darted across the room and under the couch, that was less surprising. 

"She is a bit shy. Give her some time and then you can see her. Sol on the other hand is not shy. Just sit down and put your hand out so she can get to know your scent a bit." I explained to Leah, and she did what I told her to. Sol walked around Leah for about a minute before deciding that she was friendly. "You can pet her now. This is her way of introducing herself to you." I told her. Soon enough the two of them was sat on my couch and Sol seemed to enjoy Leah's company.

"I'm so sorry that I didn't introduce the two of you to each other. This is Sofia." I said as I pointed to her. "She is one of my closest friends, and the one who took care of the cats during the move. And this is Leah." I said and pointed to Leah. I had no idea why I pointed at them, they were the only people in the apartment now and they both knew me.

It was an awkward silence for a minute before I decided that the TV would be a good distraction. I scooped up Måne from under the couch and put on a movie from Netflix. It was a weekday, and no interesting games were played tonight. We sat like that for the rest of the night, with Leah on one side of me and Sofia on the other side. The only thing that changed was that soon enough both cats were laying on me. Måne on my lap and Sol on my shoulder. I had no idea how Sol thought that was comfortable, or how she could lay like that without falling down. 

After the movie everyone was tired, Sofia had fallen asleep on the couch, and I felt like it was unnecessary waking her up. She had a long day of travel and deserved uninterrupted sleep. Slowly but surely, I got up from the couch, dragging Leah up with me. The cats trailed behind us as we walked inside my bedroom. "I just thought that we could speak here without disturbing Sofia. If you don't have the energy to go home you can stay over. I don't have a second bedroom yet, I'm working on it. But we have shared a bed before, I can do it again." I told Leah, regretting every word as soon as they left my mouth. "Really?" Leah asked, a smile covering her face. "Really." I responded.

She decided to stay over for the night. The walk across the hall seemed like too much, or that is what she said. I handed her a t-shirt and a pair of shorts and turned around while she changed. My own pajamas were stuffed away in the closet and I grabbed them at the same time. It was nothing special, a pair of green pajama pants and a white tank top. I had prettier things to wear during the night, but I would be freezing in any of them.

My side of the bed had a duvet and a thick blanket. I was cold all the time, especially when I slept, and this was the only way I could survive the night. I laid down and had Leah join me a second later. The cats jumped up as soon as I settled down and laid on my stomach and right next to me. It was so familiar and yet so different. I had someone new on my right side, and for the first time in a month the cats next to me. Before that month it was the Euros, and I didn't sleep at home. It was amazing to be back and I had really missed them.

Leah looked so comfortable next to me. And she looked incredibly beautiful. No, I wasn't allowed to think that. 

Remember to vote and comment if you enjoy it. I'm always open to suggestions about anything.

Also have really big problems with Wattpad. Like it deletes what I write and just gives me so much trouble. Which means slower updates from me.

Be patient loves

Love E