Feeling faint? (Chapter 23)

I sat on the bike for 30 minutes, working hard. 30 minutes on the bike was usually hard, I kept a high tempo with a lot off resistance and that made it even harder.

After that it was time for some weights and other strength exercises. Most of the time you can get a hard-hitting workout without weights and that's what I focused on. Only using weights when we had to.

We all grabbed a quick lunch at eleven before we continued with football at twelve. It was a busy schedule and when we were done with practice, I fell onto the ground to catch my breath.

The grass was comforting beneath me, I laid there for a while. Just looking up into the sky. "We better go." I heard as a hand was stretched out in front of me. I grabbed it and was pulled up by Katie. "The men have practice now and I don't think either you or them would enjoy having you here. In the middle of the pitch." She said when I was once again standing. I could feel the entire world spinning around me and embraced that familiar feeling. Still holding Katies hand to stabilize myself. 

"Thank you, Katie." I said as the world around me stopped spinning. "You took some time there Otto, sure everything is okay?" Katie asked me, looking worried. And everything was okay, that spinning was normal. It happened when I was exhausted, along with the shaking hands and legs. "Just tired you know, everything spinning. Probably need to eat something more." I answered truthfully. "Sweetie, you're shaking. Sit down a sec and I'll bring someone out." She said, sounding very concerned. "It's fine Katie, I'll walk inside and eat something." I answered her. Not wanting to sit down again.

She followed me into the canteen, grabbing a sandwich for the two of us before we sat down and ate. "Feeling better?" Katie asked as soon as I was done with the sandwich. "I never felt as bad as you thought. It's nothing unusual, I have just never been good at saving energy. Everything gets used and that causes my blood sugar to fall after working out." I explained to her. "Have you ever fainted because of it?" She asked, still looking a bit worried. "A few times, but I could always continue working out after." I told her honestly. "Are you serious?" She yelled at me. "You faint and then you continue to work out. That can't be healthy." She continued. 

I didn't answer and she didn't push me to answer. We both knew that it wasn't healthy. I didn't like to admit it, but it was the truth.

"That took some time." Leah said when I walked into the changing room. "She had to eat something. I found her on the pitch and she was literally shaking." Katie said with a laugh. Leah got quiet and I hurried into the showers. I had promised to take her to my apartment since she would help me.

I could feel their eyes on me after the shower. They were concerned and that was very unnecessary. "No need to worry about me. It's normal." I told them, standing there shaking in just underwear and my pants halfway up. "It's not normal. You should really see someone about it." Katie said at the same time as Leah said almost the same thing. I could feel the two of them staring at me. I looked healthy right? I felt healthy and that was good enough for me.

A lot of people though I didn't look healthy enough. But I did. I was just muscular, and that made me look skinny and like I wasn't eating enough. I did eat.

The two of us got inside my car together and I put the address into my phone. Connected the Bluetooth and handed my phone with Spotify open to her. She started searching for songs and put on a few. The first one being "Our song" by Taylor Swift. It was the perfect song for driving, it literally talked about driving. It was a longer journey than I was used to. The drive was a total of 40 minutes. Almost half an hour longer than the drive from Beth and Viv's house. 

If you enjoy the story pressing the little star and leaving comments really help. Gives me more motivation to continue.

Had a long day yesterday. Left for school at 6.45 and got home at like 22. Like 15 hours away from home and lots of classes. Probably will be slower updates.