Training days (Chapter 10)

Ottilia's POV

Morning rolled around way slower than other days. I spent hours just staring up on the ceiling, thinking about what I had done wrong. When sleep eventually got to me it was late.

Luckily, I still managed to get some sleep and I woke up feeling energized. I stumbled down the stairs, my body and brain not fully awake yet, and started making breakfast. Soon after Beth came down from her and Viv's bedroom. "Did you fall down the stairs or something, because I have never heard someone go down them so loudly." She said jokingly. "Well, I didn't fall down them, but I was close to falling actually." I answered with a smile. "Of course you did." Beth answered while grabbing a plate. I left the stove with my own plate, filled with eggs, bacon and a toasted sandwich, and sat down at the table. Beth shortly following me. "Damn girl, you know how to cook. We will miss you a lot when you move out. How far away is it?" Beth asked. "Well, I get access to it in two weeks, but then I have to buy some stuff, decorate and everything, so maybe a month if we are fast." I said smiling at her. "And I'll miss living with the two of you." I continued as I saw Viv walking down the stairs. She looked at me and smiled softly before going and getting her plate ready.

I ate my breakfast and the three of us talked quietly about everything and nothing. I would miss this when I moved away from them. The comfort of always having someone to talk to, and someone to help you with chores. I sucked at cleaning, but I enjoyed cooking and washing clothes. When you live with someone you both can do what you like and are good at. When you don't you have to do everything yourself. I was not used to it, having lived with my ex in Barcelona for about a year and a half. This would be my first time living alone since before we moved in together. A new experience. I would probably spend a lot of time with my teammates, but it wasn't the same as living together.

The three of us continued talking all the way to training, it was mostly theory today since we had a game tomorrow. Everyone was already familiar with how we played, but it was always good to go through everything before. Jonas had also analyzed the way Manchester United played their games and what we should do to stop them. Nothing much, but some general tips and tricks. Like which players who scored the most and how to take them out of the game. The usual talk. It was almost impossible to take them out fully, they would still get chances but hopefully worse chances than they would get before. 

After the theory it was practice. Just some drills, nothing to exhausting, but some passes and shots. We then went into recovery and did that while talking. I was starting to feel like a part of the team, all thanks to the amazing teammates I had. Leah still wouldn't even look at me, I had no idea what I had done wrong. Maybe she hated me for something I had done before, we played against each other in the semifinal of the Euros. But England and Leah won over us, and I couldn't get the ball inside the goal. I didn't even tackle her that hard, only a little and she got her revenge. Swiping my feet of the ground, earning a yellow a card for that sweet action. I should be the one angry at her, my feet were still sore and blue from that game. 

Something wasn't right, how could she hate me? Maybe I should talk to her? But that went so well last time that I didn't want to risk it again. She wanted to be friends, Leah Williamson wanted to be my friend and I ruined it. I looked over at her and we made eye contact, her breaking the eye contact as soon as we made it. Not before I had gotten a confused look on my face. Why would she look at me when she so obviously hated me?