International Break (Chapter 35)

We spent the entire week preparing for our game against Spain. It would be a tight game. They were missing some of their best players, like Alexia Putellas who was out injured. But they were also missing a lot of their other players who was unavailable due to how the national team was being handled. They demanded change and I thought that was so brave of them. One of my closest friends Elisa García and her girlfriend were both not playing because of this. With the world cup closing in I was a bit worried that she wouldn't make it. Elisa had been dreaming about that day for as long as I can remember. When we were both playing for Barcelona she and I talked about it all the time. 

Elisa
Good luck amiga.

Elisa
I think you are going to smash it as always

Me

Thank you sweetheart

Me

It would be funnier to play if you were here

Elisa
I wish I could be there to

Elisa
I hate Jorge and the federation

Me
I saw that they wanted to keep him

Me
How can they not be prioritizing the wellbeing of their players?

Elisa
Honestly I have no idea. You are so lucky to be playing for Sweden you know

Me
I know

I spent the morning chatting with Elisa before I made my way down to breakfast. I was one of the first down, that wasn't surprising. The only one who was there before me was the captain. I grabbed a bowl of oatmeal and sat down next to her. We talked about how our lives were progressing, because obviously we were at different stages in life. I was in my mid-twenties, and she is in her mid-thirties. That meant she always gave me the best advice on anything in life. She dated a fellow teammate and had done that for ages. We talked about how it could go, what would happen if we broke up and how to make that less awkward. She hade been playing for the national team way longer than I had. It was going to be weird when she retired, and that day was getting closer. She talked about that, and how she hated that her body wasn't working as well as it did before. I was lucky that I didn't get that part of soccer yet. 

We played an excellent game and tied against Spain. The best part was that it was in Spain, so the weather was quite good. Not like the ten degrees and rain that I had started getting used to in England. I had missed playing in Spain, but I was glad that I had changed teams. Otherwise, I wouldn't have met Leah, maybe it was love I felt. The two of us had talked whenever we were free, sometimes about soccer, sometimes about how good the other one looked and sometimes about our families. It was calming and a chance to feel more comfortable in a new place.

England had been playing against the United States and had won. Now we had a couple days of rest before we had another game. We were playing France at home and I was grateful for that. My family would make the trip to watch the game. It was the first time in months that they would watch me play in real life. The last time was our game against England in the Euros and that hadn't gone our way. This time we were all hoping for a win, not that we didn't hope for a win the other games, but you get what I mean. 

I was lucky and was starting the game against France. Our coach Peter had wanted to see how everyone in the team played. That meant everyone started one game on the pith and one game on the bench. My entire family was here, my mom, my dad and my sister. As well as a big part of my extended family. How could I be so lucky?

I sang the national anthem extra loud and with a big smile on my face. With that the evening took off, and it was one to remember. We won 3-0 with one goal from me, one from Filippa and one from Amanda.

"Du spelade fantastisk älskling. Jag kan verkligen inte förstå att du spelar på den här nivån!" [You played amazing love. II can't believe you play at this level!] My mom yelled as I got closer to them. She pulled me in for a hug. Not even caring how sweaty I was. This was the first time I saw them since moving to London and I had really missed the. "Vi har saknat dig så mycket, även fast vi är vana vid att du inte bor med oss." [We missed you so much, even though we are used to you not living with us] My sister said when it was time for her hug. I spent a few minutes with them before I had to talk to the fans. I gave my shirt to one particularly sweet child and took pictures with more people than I could count. After that I returned to my family before heading of to shower. International break had passed quickly and soon I would be returning home to London. That city really had become my home and I was incredibly happy about it. 

@ottiliajansson International break and spending time with these cuties was amazing

@ottiliajansson
International break and spending time with these cuties was amazing. One win and one tie, onto the next game!! 

@fridolinarolfo
There I am
    ^@ottiliajansson
        There you are babes

@magdalenaeriksson16 
May the best Swede win this weekend

@leahwilliamsonn
Playing amazing as always!! :)
    ^@ottiliajansson
      So did you Lee <3
    ^@user18280
      Them interacting is so cute
    ^@ottiliafan1
      I want what they have

@bethmead_
My favourite Swede <3
    ^@ottiliajansson
       My favourite Lioness <3
    ^
@leahwilliamsonn

Excuse me!?

Remember to vote loves!