Christmas 2033

"Come on Mum and Mamma, you need to wake up. Santa has been here tonight" Analisa yelled while shaking me and Leah awake. "Santa been here mommies" Edith said, just agreeing with what her sister had said. "Then we better go down and look" I said while scooping up our two-year-old. Leah was pulled up by Analisa, and for being only five she was quite strong.

We were all wearing matching Christmas pyjamas and downstairs our living room was decorated. You could see that our two children had been involved in everything. They had decorated the Christmas tree with us and had helped us decided where all the Christmas gnomes should be. The gnomes were a Swedish Christmas tradition, and our Christmas was a blend between English and Swedish. Both me and Leah loved it. What our two girls had not seen where the presents that were now laying under the tree.

"You each get to open one before breakfast, so pick carefully" I said and let down Edith. Leah was standing right behind me, and her hands were wrapped around my body. We both watched proudly as our babies opened their gift. After the gift opening, we made some rice porridge for breakfast. The girls ate it with cinnamon and sugar. Before we even knew it, we had changed into our Christmas outfits and were ready for church.

Everything always took a bit of time with two small children. I had been the feeding our children breakfast while Leah changed and got herself ready. She walked out in a pair of black suit pants and a Christmas jumper. Her makeup was neatly done and she looked like an angel. Then it was her time to take the children. She dressed them and I finally had time to eat my own breakfast and get dressed. I put on a black skirt and some stockings under it. I put on my own Christmas jumper and did both my makeup and my hair.

An hour after we all had woken up, we walked out the doors and started walking towards church. Leah was pushing the stroller with Edith in it, and I was holding Analisa by the hand. She loved having some alone time with me, even though it was just a walk.

We arrived at the church right before everything started. We took a place on the left side, because who in their right mind sat on the right side in church. For our children it was not necessarily the funniest time of their lives. But they sucked it up for us, or they sucked it up for me.

On the way back home, Analisa was playing in every single piece of snow she could find. Leah was right behind her, and I was laughing at their antics from behind the stroller.

When we got back to our house there were several cars outside. Both Edith and Analisa rushed in to see who had come to visit us. Both Leah and I knew who they were. Our families were here, and so was our big surprise. "She is in the car sweetheart" my mom said to me when we walked inside. I hugged her and whispered a small thank you before walking out with my mom.

A minute later we walked in again. I was holding a golden retriever puppy and earned great reactions from Edith and Analisa. They had wanted a puppy for ages and had finally gotten one. Leah snuck up behind me and hugged me tightly. Our life was everything I had ever wanted, and I had great people to share it with.

We had a big Christmas lunch and the mood at the table was amazing. It was not cut short, because when the children got bored, we set them free to play. I think there were about five children in total, and they were all very close in age. They played with the puppy and the toys that they had gotten this morning.

After the long lunch we sat down to open the presents. Everyone was happy about their gifts, and the children wanted to play with everything quickly. Me and Leah watched in amusement as all four grandparents were on the floor with the children.

That night we all slept in the same bed. It was not comfortable for me, and it was not comfortable for Leah. However, it was everything for Analisa and Edith. Our puppy Kiwi slept on the floor below us. Much to the complaints of our children, but we needed a dog that was manageable. 

This was not how I thought my life would look, but I was not complaining about it. Christmas was perfect, and I had the perfect people to spend it with.

Merry Christmas everyone. I needed to write a cute chapter and that was what I did.

I wanted to say thank you for 70k reads and I want you all to know how crazy that is. Thank you for reading this. And I hope you have enjoyed the holidays. If you don't celebrate Christmas I hope you have had a great couple of days.

With love from me!!