May I have a cat? (Chapter 22)

Practice went fine, as it usually did. I couldn't wait until I got home and could sit down on the couch looking for furniture. I needed so much more, like a table, chairs and rugs. That was stuff I didn't want to buy at IKEA. I wanted it to look classy, and sometimes IKEA didn't cut it. I had money, and I could spend said money on things that would make me happy. Like expensive furniture and clothes.

"Are you showering here?" A familiar voice asked. She made me turn around and flash her a smile. "Yes I am, then I'm going home to do some online shopping." I answered Leah with a smile. "Seriously, more shopping?" Leah asked while chuckling slightly. "I need furniture, Lee." I responded and laughed slightly.

I showered quickly and changed into comfortable clothes. I then decided a walk home would be perfect. I put my headphones on and walked fast all the way to the house.

I spent the rest of the day on the couch, with my laptop in my knee. Several websites were open, all with different furniture. When I was done for the night, I had a new table, chairs and several new rugs. Along with a new headboard and armchairs that matched my couch.

Leah
Sparkels✨️✨️✨️

Leah
How is the shopping for the apartment going?

Leah
Can't wait to see how it turns out!!

Me
It's going great. Spent way to much money today but that is a later problem

Me
Could you maybe help me with painting tomorrow?

Leah
Painting what?

Me
Walls

Leah
Text me the time or pick me up and I'll be there

Me
Thank you so much Lee

Leah
No problem

I checked the rest of my messages. They were full of people praising me and wanting to get an answer from me. Also had a lot of messages from men telling me how I suck at football, nothing out of the ordinary.

Sofia
When am I bringing your cats? They hate living with me.

Me
I have time in a week. Need to move into my own apartment before and I'll probably be done with that soon. Then you are very welcome to bring them back.

Sofia
No problem. I'll send you some pictures. I know how much you miss them

2 objects forwarded

Me
How can they be so cute? I miss them so much

Sofia
You can have them back. They are a lot

Me
Only I can complain about my cats😈

"Who are you texting?" I heard Beth ask behind me. "My friend, she has my babies and I'm a bit worried about them. She has no idea how to take care of cats." I complained to Beth. "You have cats?" She asked. "Two of them. Very cute babies." I said and Beth smiled. I handed her my phone and the photo album full with photos of my cats.

My cats were like my babies, I spent way too much time and money on them. In return, they gave me love. I was one of the few people they tolerated. They hid a lot, Måne was way more shy than Sol I had named them after the moon and the sun in Swedish. Maybe it was me trying to remember where I was from. The names meant a lot to me. 

"Oh my god!" Beth screamed. "They are so cute. And why didn't you have them here. I love cats." She continued rapidly. "Well, I felt like it was better to have them live with my friend in Barcelona. Just so they wouldn't have to get used to two new places in a month." I explained. "We will have to see them. If we can't then I'll go to your apartment in the middle of the night and break in. Just so I can see them." Beth threatened jokingly. "No, you won't." Viv said a second later, putting her hands on the shoulder of her girlfriend.

The night ended soon after that, I needed some sleep. Everyone in the team needed to be at Colney and ready for practice at 9 am the following morning. That meant I had to arrive at least 15 minutes before to change, before we would get warmed up for the day. I think we have a gym session before some football practice. It would be a rough day. Followed by painting, which was never as easy as you thought it would be.

I also needed to talk to Leah about what happened after the party.

Me
We need to talk about the other night

Leah
We kind of do

Leah
Maybe we can talk about it tomorrow? When I help you paint.

I'm so excited for the Arsenal game tomorrow. Even though I have obligations with my friends and can't watch everything. I'll still try to catch a bit of it