Happiness (Chapter 39)

The first month was harder than the second. We were both in pain, physically and mentally. We were drained and had no energy left for anything other than what was necessary. During the first month we never fought. The second month however was filled with fights. It was over the smallest things, like forgetting to put a plate in the dishwasher. More times than not we were screaming at each other. At night we slept in the same bed, curled up together, whispering and apologizing for the day. It wasn't healthy.

Unanimously we decided that I would spend a week with my family, and she would spend a week with hers. It was the best decision we made during that month. Everything calmed down and for the first time since the accident we missed each other. We needed that break and got back to being very much in love after.

We did rehab together and even flew out to Australia for two week. We watched England and Sweden play. I could finally see my friends after ages without them. Both me and Leah were happy there. I introduced her to some of my friends that didn't play for any of the London teams. Especially Frido, she and I had been close in Barca and now she was still playing there while I was in London. I wanted Leah to know her, and they really clicked with each other. In the end we spent time with everyone. Not only did we watch football, we also just lived life away from home.

Time passed slowly. It felt like years before I could make my return to the pitch. That day was one of the best days in my life. Running out on the field while every fan chanted my name was something I had dreamt of. Even though I only played five minutes it was a game to remember. After me and Leah celebrated. We went to our favourite restaurant and ate some good food with our friends. After that, the two of us went home.

That night we curled up on the sofa. Leah was leaned against the couch and I sat in between her legs. Her hands were put around my body and I grabbed them. Nothing mattered at that moment except the two of us. She whispered sweet nothings in my ear and kissed my neck softly. It wasn't needy or passionate. It was full of love and a way for her to tell me that she loved me.

When Leah made her return to the pitch everyone was cheering as loud as possible. That night we went out for dinner. It was a fancy place and we both enjoyed it. After that we spent the night together. Not just sleeping together, but kissing and spending time with the person we both loved so dearly.

The next season passed fast, before we even knew it the 2024/2025 season was over. It was time for a trip to Italy. It was a surprise for my birthday. We would be exploring the North of Italy. It was a beautiful place. With mountains to climb and hiking trails to dream about. That was the place she proposed to me.

We had spent the day climbing a particularly difficult trail. The night was spent right next to a lake. It was only the two of us there. That meant swimming naked in the sunset. That night I slept in her arms, with a big smile on my face.

"Ottilia Jansson, you changed my life as soon as I first saw you. Nothing could help me falling for you, and I fell like children running. Every day, I fall more in love with you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you Ottilia. Will you marry me?" Leah asked while being down on one knee. "Of course I will Leah." I said before pulling her up and into a kiss. It took some time before we could leave that place. But when we did it was with big smiles on our faces. Our relationship was later announced to the public. My ring had been on show for weeks and people had questioned wether or not we were engaged. I killed those rumours in an interview.

Remember to vote loves!

This is the second last part of this story!!
Enjoy it while you can