Anger (Chapter 21)

"What the fuck did you do?" I heard as I walked into the house. "What do you mean?" I yelled back. "Why didn't you tell us that you are moving away so soon?" Beth complained while she walked into the hallway. "I have told you several times, Beth, but it isn't so soon. Everything needs painting, and then some more furniture. It will be at least two weeks until you get rid of me." I answered with a small laugh. "I want you to stay here forever." Beth said, pouting her lips like a child. "Come on, Sweetie." Viv said as she also walked into the hallway. "She needs her space, we can't have her stay here forever." She continued pulling me in for a hug. "I love living with the two of you, I have no idea how I'll manage alone." I mumbeled into Viv's shoulder. "We will only be a phone call away, plus you will have Leah as your neighbour." Beth said with a small smile.

The two of them sat on the couch while I went to my room, took a quick shower, and fell asleep. Setting my alarm before, we had morning practice tomorrow, and I needed to be on time.

I cooked a simple breakfast consisting of an omelette. And obviously tea, not the bad kind but the good kind. Lemon, ginger tea. "Why are you drinking that disgusting tea?" Beth asked me as soon as I sat down at the table. "Because it is tasty, the tea you are drinking is so bad though. Who even drinks Earl Grey? Such a British thing." I complained to Beth. "Leah loves it." Beth said, with a soft smile. "That doesn't mean that I have to love it." I answered her, my cheeks turning slightly red. "No, but I also love it, so Viv does too. She could never say no to me." Beth said, smiled even bigger. "What does Viv have to do with anything we were talking about?" I asked her, with red cheeks and curious eyes. "Nothing, we all just live together, so that kind of means she is easy to bring up." Beth explained, looking at me with a confused look. We made small talk during the rest of the morning before I drove us all to practice. I still really hated driving in London and on the wrong side of the road. The two of them got to see another side of me as I was yelling at every single car. How can so few people drive a car and still have their license?

"Calm down, Otto. We won't get there faster just because you yell at everyone." Beth complained from the back. "Well, if people learn how to drive then I wouldn't have to yell." I responded angrily. "It's fine, we are almost there now. Take it easy and we will arrive safely, no need to rush." Viv said, trying to cheer me up and make me feel safe in the car.

We arrived on time to Colney. Beth ran out of the car, praising god that she had survived and looked up into the sky. "I'll never go with you again, that's for sure." She said with a smile. "You didn't complain when we got into the car, and you don't even have a licence." I snapped at her. "Calm down, she is just annoying. Let's go inside, just the two of us." Viv said and pulled me in for a hug, she looked at Beth while she said the last few words. The two of us walked in together, me looking very annoyed, and her just holding me. It was comfortable, and it calmed me down. I don't even know where my anger came from.

It had just arrived, and when it disappeared, the anxiety kicked in. I had behaved so shitty against both Beth and Viv.

"Sorry for earlier Viv, I don't know what got into me." I apologised to the soccer player beside me. "No problems. Everyone has bad days. There is no need to apologise. Just remember that I'm always here if you need to talk to someone. I'm a good listener." She answered, a small smile covering her face. "Thank you." I told her truthfully and let out a small sigh.

Had a day off from school today. Spent like 5 hours working on a presentation on a book. Would have preferred to spend them writing, but school is more important I guess.