IKEA (Chapter 20)

Me
Well how about we meet at a café of your choice and agree on a time?

Leah
It's a great idea. I'll text you the address in a sec

Leah
But how does 2 pm sound?

Me
Sounds great, can't wait to see you again

Leah
Same :)

I got dressed, putting on a pair of black tights and a green tank top. Very boring outfit, but it was comfortable and enough for the occasion. I also added my dark green converse and some jewellery. I wanted to look good while also relaxed. Put on some makeup to look less dead. We partied a lot yesterday and slept to little. You could see it in my face, my dark circles were more visible than usual. I can't believe that she wanted to see me after yesterday. Sleeping with teammates is never as good as you think it is. If you get together and stay together, then it is cute. But if you don't, then it is really awkward instead.

I walked to the coffee shop. Leah had offered that we could use her car. Since it was way bigger than mine, we would fit more stuff that way. I had already ordered a couch, it was dark green and made from velvet. It's not the most practical, but the prettiest one I had found. I also had adult money and were able to spend it on stupid shit. That wasn't great, to be honest. That was the only thing I had ordered for the apartment. We would see what we could find at IKEA, and then I would order the stuff I missed. I needed to paint before I could start decorating and setting up the furniture. The apartment already had a nice kitchen and bathroom, so that was not something I needed to redo. They both needed some decorations, but no major changes were needed.

I arrived at the coffee shop before we agreed to meet. Just a few minutes, I liked being early. Leah arrived exactly on time, I already sat at a table close to the window when she walked in. "Hello Sparkles." She said with a smile as soon as she saw me. "Hello Lee." I replied. A waitress came and took our order just after Leah sat down. She ordered a cappuccino, and I ordered a black coffee. I hated milk, tolerated oatmilk in my coffee sometimes, but most of the time I didn't. Today was one of the days I couldn't stomach the thought of any type of milk. Leah teased me about it. I teased her about having milk in her coffee and we both laughed and enjoyed ourselves.

"So this is the land of your people." Leah asked me as soon as we got inside IKEA. "This is not the land of my people, it is IKEA, Lee." I answered her annoyed. "I know that, Sparkles, just messing with you." She said with a smile. We walked inside, hand in hand. I had brought a paper and a pencil, intending to write down everything I needed. It made me sound like an old lady. "You seriously brought paper and a pencil that is so cute." The blonde said with a smile. "Well, you always think I am cute, so it is not a big surprise." I answered her, smiling bigger than before.

We spent three hours walking around the store. I wrote down everything I needed and wanted to buy. After those hours, we were both very tired and hungry. We decided to go to the restaurant, Leah wanted the classic meatballs, and I wanted the chicken. "Can you tell me about your tattoos?" Leah asked as soon as we sat down. "Well this one is just two words." I said as I pointed to the tattoo on my forearm. "They are written in Swedish, Mod and Stolthet meaning bravery and pride. To remind me where I'm from and to always fight for what is right." I continued with a smile. "This one is a Linnaea borealis and heather. My grandparents' favorite flower as well as my grandmother's." I continued pointing to the tattoo under the one I explained earlier. "That is so cute. Continue." Leah said with a smile and I started to laugh slightly. That was so cute of her.

"I also have one of the time we won the Champions League as well as the trophy we won." I continued pointing to a tattoo higher up on the other arm. "On my back I have a tattoo of a reindeer. You have probably already seen that one. It is the siluette of my favourite deer that passed away a while ago. Made it pretty small since I want to have space for as many tattoos as possible." I continued while Leah nodded. "I want to get more of then." I said and was done with my explaining. "I only have two, this one with the word Lover and one with the word Home. I'm so jealous that you have so many." Leah said with a smile.

"Also, I can't believe you didn't get the meatballs. They taste so good." Leah said, looking annoyed. "Well, I hate meatballs, they are so disgusting. I can't believe you eat them." I answered her. We argued back and forth about whether of not meatballs were any good and at the end of it we agreed to disagree.

After dinner we packed our cart full of the stuff I needed. Mostly just furniture, I had cutlery and plates already, as well as decorations such as paintings. We then went home and dropped it all off inside Beth and Viv's house. I posted two of the pictures I took during the day on my story.