Exploring (Chapter 33)

Monday came quicker that I thought it would. We had won our game this weekend with 1-0 against Chelsea and everyone was quite happy. In fact, we weren't even supposed to get this day of, since we had a Champions League game this Thursday and a game against Aston Villa on Sunday. After that it was time for international break. I couldn't wait to go back to Sweden and spend time with my national teammates. We always had so much fun, and of course we played great football during that time. This time we were facing Spain. They were a strong team even though they were missing some players. I couldn't believe what those players had to go through. Their coach was a sick man and I supported nothing that he did. My friends from Barcelona had been complaining about him for a long time. I listened and supported them. Spending hours listening to them rant about him and calmed them down when everything was too much. 

That weekend was not what I should focus on at the moment, no that was my date with Leah and then our preparations for our Champions League game.

I stood in front of my closet, with clothes all over the floor and my bed. From my phone you could hear different voices telling me about their opinions on what I should wear. I had called Nathalie and Filippa for their opinions and ended up with most of the Swedish national team on the call. It was always like that, and it made it so much harder to choose what to wear.

In the end I decided on a pair of low-waisted blue jeans, with a long-sleeved shirt and a green west over. I added some accessories, did a simple make-up look, with green eyeshadow and black eyeliner. As always, I put on my black docs and grabbed my favorite tote bag. It had pockets inside, do I have to say more?

Leah had said that she would pick me up at nine in the morning, and that we would go out for breakfast first. That girl was so cute, I couldn't believe that she liked me.

At exactly nine the doorbell rang, it was her. And she looked beautiful. With her hair braided, a dark white shirt with some kind of quote on, a thick zip up and black jeans. She looked effortlessly beautiful and in a way I was jealous. "You look stunning, you always do." I said as I locked up. "And that comes from you. Every time I see you, I think that you can't get more beautiful, and every time you look better than the last." She answered with a grin. "Are you saying that I looked ugly in the beginning." I responded, faking being hurt. "You know that is not what I meant." She answered and pecked my lips. 

I sat down in the passenger seat. She handed me her unlocked phone immediately, Spotify already open. I put on some music, well Taylor Swift. With love songs from Reputation and Lover playing we made our way down to central London. Our first stop was a small café. Here Leah ordered an avocado toast for me and scrambled eggs for herself. Along with that we each ordered a cup of tea. I tried to pay, but Leah wouldn't let me. She paid at our last date, I should pay at this one.

We sat down at a table in the corner as usual, and as soon as our food arrived, I took a picture. Leah laughed at my antics and took a bite of her food. Not even a second later she spat it out, complaining that it was too hot. "I can't take you anywhere!" I complained jokingly. Earning a glance and a kiss on my cheek from Leah. She was affectionate today. I didn't mind at all though. Shit I was down bad for her.

Our breakfast was full of small-talk, laughter and jokes. We could have spent hours there, if it weren't for our other plans. Our second stop of the day were Big Ben. I had never been there before and it was amazing. Leah spent our time there trying to get me to laugh and took pictures of me. It was very cute.

"Could we get two Fish and chips please?" I asked the man working at the food truck. "Of course, that will be 30 pounds." The man responded and started cooking our meals. I grabbed my card from my bag and kissed Leah while I tapped it against the card reader. Paying for our meal. "You distracted me, I was supposed to be spoiling you today." Leah pouted making me let out a small laugh. "You always treat me to something, and you pay the next time." I answered smiling. My hand was resting in hers, and we stood closer to each other than what was socially acceptable for friends. "So there will be a next time?" Leah asked cheekily while kissing me again. "Of course." I answered when we pulled apart and kissed her again.