Travel (Chapter 34)

The week passed by really fast. With us winning our two games and before I knew it I was on a flight back to Sweden. The national team would be meeting up there for our upcoming game against Spain. I was excited to see all of my friends, but also sad to be spending time apart from the Arsenal girlies. We had grown close during my two months there. I would also be missing Leah quite a lot. We had spent every free moment this past week with each other. Going on dates, but mostly just spending time at my apartment. Curled up on the couch, with a movie on and the cats right next to us. Even though Leah was more of a dog person she loved them. 

There were several of my friends who took the same flight as me. We had all decided that I would be more fun that way. I was currently sitting beside Magdalena Eriksson. I had booked the window seat and she sat in the aisle seat. No one sat between us and we were very happy about that.

"You must tell me everything about Pernille. The media is full of speculations that she is to propose soon, and that you are pregnant with her baby. Most of it is probably not true, I know how they always try to get insane news, but anyways." I asked her with a slight smile. A long plane journey must be spent chatting about our love lives. "I am very much not pregnant, but we have been talking about trying IVF in the near future." Magda answered with a small smile. "You got to be kidding me, I could become an auntie." I almost screamed out. Instead of scolding me for my loudness Magda started laughing. It was a laugh so easy to join in on, and we sat laughing for the entire takeoff.

"I have heard that you are currently dating one of our enemies. Tell me everything about it." Magda practically begged. "How did you hear that?" I asked her. I was honestly confused, we had been quiet about it. "You are not exactly as sneaky as you think you are. Otto, you have that lovesick look in your eyes, a friend always knows. Above all that I saw her on your Instagram and put two and two together." She answered smiling wide. It was always exciting finding out that your teammate dated someone. She would also be the first one hearing about it, and she knew that. 

"Well, we have gone on a couple of dates. She showed me around London once. We have gone out to dinner two times. But most of the time we have just been sitting in my living room on the couch together. The cats also love her." I told her. The smile on my face grew bigger and Magda was quick to point it out. That resulted in some banter between us. The banter stopped when a flight attendant walked by, handing out something to drink and eat. As soon as the woman left to walk down further back in the plane the conversation started again. This time the questions were less innocent. "How is she in bed? Did she make you come?" Magda asked loudly, making several people turn around with annoyed looks on their faces. I could feel my cheeks growing red. "She totally did, my little Ottilia is not so innocent anymore." Magda said when she saw how red I was. "When was I ever innocent?" I responded with a wink. 

We spent the rest of the flight talking. Magda got out so much of me, more than I liked if I'm being honest.

Going through Arlanda was a nightmare. There were so many people who recognized us, and it took over an hour to get out. We were stopped every few meters by fans. I wouldn't have been faced by it if I had gotten enough sleep and we weren't heading to camp. It was part of the job and I had to comply with a smile which annoyed me an awful lot.

I slept during the taxi ride to camp. My head was on Magdas shoulder, and that sleep made me feel energized enough to go back to camp. The first night was spent in mine and Amandas room, playing Uno. I won as always, and it ended when Nathalie threw the cards at us before storming out of the room. Everyone was a sore loser and probably shouldn't play games together. The last time I lost when we played boardgames together I kicked the monopoly board down five flights off stairs. We didn't play monopoly after that. Currently we were only allowed to play Uno and a few card games. Because when one of us lost, we stopped talking to the others. Not ideal conditions when playing in a team.  

Remember to vote loves!