Game day feels (Chapter 12)

Ottilia's POV

I walked out of the locker room after our conversation. I had gotten to know why Leah didn't like me, and she never didn't like me. It was just her being in pain. That part I understood from my childhood. Being in pain would make you irritable, and it was understandable. She also seemed really sorry about what she said. I checked social media on the way home. It was filled with edits of me from practice. They had released pictures of me at practice and a few videos. The internet had gone crazy.

She's so hot😍

I would carry her babies

She could step on me, and I would be thankful

I like to think that I would have a chance with her, but she is way too hot

She looks even better in Arsenal colors, and that's saying something

I needed to post something soon, we had a game tomorrow, and there would certainly be photos. I could post a few of them. It was the first game of the season and my first time in the starting eleven. The comments on that post were mostly good. People were excited about me playing for Arsenal. There were always comments about how women should be in the kitchen, how I can't play soccer and stuff like that. It was mostly insecure men commenting, they never had a chance to make any team, but wouldn't admit it. It's quite fun to read, actually.

I was a bit nervous about my first game for Arsenal. Considering that I slept amazing. Fell asleep in minutes and slept like a baby for the entire night. We went to the training centre and had our breakfast there. Everyone did since it was such an early game. We were all wearing sweatpants and hoodies. Arsenal hoodies, of course, but that didn't matter. Barely anyone had any makeup on, we all looked like we had just woken up. Maybe because we all had.

During the bus trip , I sat next to a window with Leah beside me. She felt really sorry about everything that happened between us. When we got closer to our destination, I started doing my makeup. The two of us had just sat in silence, slept and listened to music. Leah watched me in fascination. "Do you always do your makeup before a game?" Leah asked me. "I do, whenever it is an awaygame I do it in the bus. Superstitions you know." I answered with a smile, trying to get the conceler to cover all the spots on my face. "Well, I think you look beautiful." Leah answered her cheeks taking a hint of pink. "Thank you. I don't know how you can think that when I look like I just woke up from the dead." I said laughing lightly. "You don't" she whispered before turning back to her phone. I concentrated on the makeup and after a while I was finished. It was a few short minutes before we would be at the field.

When we walked out of the bus there were photographers outside. Everyone wanted a picture of us arriving here. I smiled through it. First game for Arsenal, and I didn't want the press to think that I hated being here and that I hated Arsenal. When I very much didn't hate it, but loved it here.

The photographers kept yelling at us, trying to get us on camera. We all just walked, keeping our eyes forward and in our gameday focus. With headphones in and not giving any attention to the photographers.

We went out on the field and looked around. Felt the ground under our feet and walked around while looking at it. Being on the pitch again, with new teammates, but the same love for the sport felt great.

Had the worst practice of the year today. Just want to die, but got to break down and come back again. Also like 11 months clean which is sick and such an achivement!!