10) The Past

It was an emotional roller coaster to say the least. Felix and Chan don't say any more than 3 words to each other, that too only if they have to.

They were working on tracking down the gang that CEO Choi is apparently working with. That was their starting point, it had been 3 days but it wasn't exactly easy to locate hidden gangs.

Felix and Chan have been as civil as they could around each other, which was a relief for everyone else around them. However, being together and civil, brought up some unwanted feelings, in both of them.

"Hey Felix, how old was the son you killed. There's no record of him whatsoever." Chan asked when he walked into the meeting room where the other 7 were seated and waiting for the leader.

"17, 18. Probably younger. Why?" Felix answered nervously, Chan hadn't found out, had he?

"He was a hidden son. I think his father may have been grooming him to take over the business, but I also think he thought the daughter was better. So he kept the son hidden." Chan made his observation and everyone else was connecting the dots.

"It makes sense. But what does that have to do with anything?" Jisung asked.

"Use it against him. Blackmail. Grooming is a serious offence, so is abusing your kid. I know his underdogs may help him get out of it, but there are ways." Minho spoke instead of Chan who nodded as his best friend understood his plan.

"Its not enough. He's got connections in the police force too, even in the criminal justice system. Judges, prosecutors, you name it, he's well protected." Felix spoke again. Chan suddenly slammed his fists into the table making everyone flinch at the sudden action.

"Fucking bastard. Tell me someone else found something even a little useful." Chan said looking around the room expectantly, but everyone just averted their eyes.

"Fantastic." Chan mumbled and sat down.

The reason Chan was so worked up wasn't just because of Felix, though he played a big part. It was also because Choi had some information on Chan's mafia that if it got out, Chan would be on death's row. The mafia has done some seriously incriminating things that everyone can be done for. He also doesn't know how Choi got that information.

Everyone in the room, except Chan and Felix, stood up and left. The meeting room was quiet until Felix stood up and came around to sit on the glass table in front of Chan.

"Why is this bothering you so much? I know its not just me, I can tell." Felix asked softly before Chan looked up at Felix, who never met his eyes still. He sighed.

"He's got some incriminating evidence on me and my gang, every singe member. If it ever got out, we wouldn't even get jail, we'd get the death sentence, which is still legal in South Korea by the way which is great for people like us." Chan explained matching Felix's soft tone adding the sarcasm.

"So you feel like it's your responsibility to protect your gang. I know, you always thought everything was your responsibility." Felix completed Chan's sentence.

"They're not just my gang, they're my family. And yeah, its my responsibility to protect them, just as much as its my responsibility to protect you." Chan said and stood up coming closer to Felix who was still seated on the table.

"Not everything has to be your responsibility. Don't you have enough to deal with." Felix said ignoring Chan coming closer.

"If you and my family are involved, I don't mind. You know that." Chan mumbled and followed Felix's eyes, trying to look at them.

"I know." Felix whispered. Chan was really close to him now but Felix had to fight, he wasn't a coward like Jisung said. He wouldn't run.

"Why don't you look at me Lix, at my eyes?" Chan said and placed his left hand on the table beside Felix and the other on his shoulder.