Fifteen

Here she stood. Outside her house, at the end of the path, as she frowns and clutches onto her suitcase handle tightly. She gulped dryly, taking a deep shaky breath. She was dreading to step inside, and we all know exactly why.

She had no choice, though. She gulped as she slowly moved forwards towards the front door. She stood outside of it for a couple minutes before she opened the door, she walked inside and clicked it shut behind her.

"Ryujin!" Her step mom came out the kitchen and made her way towards her daughter.

Ryujin stared at her blankly, no emotion or expression, nothing.

"How was your trip?" Her mom asked, like they didn't have that little argument over the phone a couple days ago.

Ryujin shrugged "it was good... I guess."

"Tell me about it." She said. Ryujin rolled her eyes and ignored her, walking past her.

"Ryujin!"

"What?" Ryu hissed annoyed.

"Stop acting cold."

"Whatever. I just got back, let me unpack and nap."

"Nap?" Her step mom scoffed which made ryujin angry "I bet that's all you did at your trip, right? You lazy pig."

"Shut up." Ryujin said bravely before she went upstairs. Slamming the door behind her. She heard her mom yell something.

"SHUT UP YOU MISTAKE. NEXT TIME YOU COME DOWN, YOU WILL GET THE BIGGEST SLAP OF YOUR LIFE." Her mom shouted. Ryujin locked her door and sighed loudly.

She quickly unpacked before she flopped onto her bed. Closing her eyes and laying on her back. She groaned when she heard her phone ring.

She quickly reached for it on the bedside table as she read the front.

Incoming call from 'unknown number'...

Ryujin arched a brow. An unknown number was calling her, not knowing who it was. She wanted to decline, but she thought.

What if it's one of my classmates or something? Ugh, why do I think such weird things? I wanna decline in case it's some stranger, or creep, or even karina. But what if it's someone that needs me?

She thought long and hard.

After a while she just sighed and pressed 'accept', as she put the phone to her ear.

"Hello?" She spoke.

Silence.

"Hell-" she stopped when she heard sniffing and crying on the other end, she widened her eyes and gulped dryly.

"Who is this? Ar-are you okay?"

Silence.

"Ry-Ryujin.."

She gasped quietly when she heard the voice she was very familiar with.

"Yeji? Are you okay." Ryujin immediately stood up.

"I don't feel to good.." yeji's voice cracked.

"Okay ho-hold on. Um, is anyone with you?"

"No. I'm home alone, please, just hurry." Yeji cried more.

"Okay." Ryujin quickly ran out her room. She went to ask where her address was but the phone hung up.

"Shit." Ryujin panicked. She tried calling her back multiple times but she wasn't answering.

I can't waste time, I need to hurry, she needs me.

She quickly ran downstairs and tied her shoes on. Her step mother stormed over to her when ryujin opened the door, but her step mother slammed it shut again.