Letter 6

#The_Silent_Man

Dear Reader,

I went to the Dean's office and saw him speaking on the phone. "Yes, bring the file tomorrow and-- (pauses). I'll talk to you later.." He looks at me. "Blossom! Come in.."

Our Dean was a good and respectable person. He wasn't the typical angry and strict sort of a principal. We respected him for who he was and for his practical bent of mind.

"So what happened? Don't you have a paper to write? What happened?" He enquired.

"Sir! Let me tell you why she's here... She was cheating during the examination!! Can you believe it sir! I was invigilating and look at her guts!!! She was cheating!! How dare you!" Mr. Edwards shouts.

Meanwhile I was counting the tiles on the floor. What else could I do? As it is I couldn't speak so the truth wouldn't really matter. And Jamie's not here to speak on behalf of me.. So its no use...

"Calm down professor. Are you sure Blossom cheated. She's never into such things.. I've never heard any complaints about her." Our dean looked concerned.

"I'm absolutely sure sir!! Sir I suggest you to suspend her.. These girls need to learn a lesson." Professor continued.

"Blossom, is this the truth?" I looked at the Dean.

"No sir, its not her fault. Its mine." I heard someone. I turn back and see him.

"Dexter Evans??" Dean asked.

"Sir, she's not to blame. I was cheating.. The chit was mine. Sir, Blossom has no fault in this." He walks up and stands beside me.

"You were a bright student Dexter! What made you cheat in the test?? This is very disappointing Dexter.. I never really expected that you'd do something like this." Dean got up from his chair. He didn't respond..

I never expected him to cheat! What was he thinking! Why did he cheat? So this is the reason why he was so distracted?? But my point is why would he all of a sudden? Its not normal of him to behave like this.

"But sir Blossom was the one who was caught with the chit. She ought to be punished." Mr. Edwards just wouldn't stop.

"Hmmmm.. I'm sorry Blossom but he's right. Both of you are suspended for a week. And about the paper, Blossom go back and complete your paper but Dexter you shall not be allowed to give your paper. Your paper is cancelled." Dean finally said..

Ohh just wow! So now I'm suspended for a week! And just because of this Guy's stupid behavior. I don't know what's his problem!! Now how will I face dad? What would I tell him? 'Uhh dad, yeah I'm suspended because the teacher thought I was cheating!!' And he'd believe me??