Letter 21

Author's note: So after publishing letter 20, I had a little chit chat with some of my dearest readers, and you guys are so adorable! I had my inbox spammed with messages from a few guys saying that Dex is your role model and girls think Dex is like their dream man! I smiled throughout reading the messages.. I was requested to publish the next letter as soon as I could so here I am!

"And I know the scars will bleed,
But both of our hearts believe..." - The fault in our stars.

#The_new_job

Dear Reader,

"Let me get this straight, you can't speak?" Said the so-called-manager of the café.
He was one of the people who found it really amusing that I couldn't speak.

I nodded.

"I mean not even a little??" He asked quite curiously.

It was going to be a really long day.

I nodded again.

"And you expect to be a waiter here? How would you communicate?"

"Ahhh by writing..." He read out the letter out loud.

"Listen I get that how you're planning to do this but all of this too much trouble. You're a student whereas we need a permanent worker not like your case "a temporary mime waitress"!! Haha I'm so funny." He laughed as if someone tickled him.

I felt a bit embarrassed but I had nothing to do so I took my letter back, left the manager laughing with his joke and walked back home.

Oh, Jamie's house I mean.

I hopped on a bus and luckily got a window seat to think about what was to be done when I heard a middle aged lady say to her phone, "But how will I go?"

I continued thinking whether I should search a few other sites on the Internet.

"Its impossible to find someone right now! Its too late." She continued.

I thought maybe I should work extra hours for our college. Was that a good idea to earn? Will the principal agree?? But after all day's work when will I return home and study??

"Who would teach them piano? How will I find a pianist?"

No, working at college wasn't a feasible option.

Wait a second.

Piano lessons!

I could give piano lessons!! That's it!

Quickly taking out my notebook I wrote down things I wanted her to know and walked up to her and gave her the note.

"Yes?" She turned back when I gave her the note.

Through her round glasses she looked at me with a warm smile.

"Oh Darling!! You saved me!! Thank you, thank you so very much!" She embraced me.

We agreed that tomorrow I'll be going over to her place and meeting her students. She'll be away at Spain to meet her son who was ill.

She seemed to be a really nice lady.

And I got a job! Finally.

*   *   *

Although the lady seemed to be really nice and stuff but I was nervous. Yeah, I don't know why but the thought of going to a job, my first job! How would those small kids be?? All of it seemed very exciting.