3. Dexter's Point of View

Dedicated to dazzling_shriya_98 for being this super sweet friend. Thank you girl!:)

Author's note: *gets squished by your hugs* okay okay guys I know you love me and you wanted his POV desperately, now leave me I have a story to write..

Just kidding.. I love you guys too*hugs you vigorously *

The most awaited chapter! Hurrah!

You're going to vote right?

And comment?

And share?

Ahh now better. Sit back and enjoy:)

"You can count on me like 1, 2, 3
I'll be there,
And I know when I need it
I can count on you like 4, 3, 2
And you'll be there..." -- Count on me, Bruno Mars.

I could see her blush and her eyes were downcast.

I couldn't stop myself from grinning.

We were still holding hands and laced our fingers to each other. She still couldn't face me.

I was observing her eyes which roamed from the ground and then at me (well not my eyes) and then back to the ground. Was she so nervous?

The awkward silence was killing her.

She tried to pull her hand away but I didn't want to let her go. I remain holding her hands and this time intertwined my fingers with hers.

"Wanna walk with me on the beach?" I asked touching her face and making her chin up so that she could look at me.

Her dark brown eyes slightly widened, she probably didn't expect this. Her face had this innocence that I wanted to grab and hold on to...

Obviously she couldn't say no.

When we reached the beach I felt a pull and stopped when I saw her stopping behind me.

"What happened?" I asked.

She looked down and took off her shoes. Then she looked at me and smiled.

Why not go barefoot for a while then?

She remembered that. My heart flipped.

I smiled and took off my shoes and picked them up.

"Come.."

We walked over the wet sand, the beautiful orangish yellow sunset accompanied us. I looked at her face, she was smiling and kicked the water that came her way. How could such a mere thing give her so much of happiness? How could she be so indifferent to the hardships of the world and derive happiness out of a walk. A simple walk?