4.Dexter's Point of View

Dedicated to yagappar for being a brother in its true sense!

"Perfection of your face, slows me down.." --Never gonna leave this bed, Maroon 5.

Before the audition..

I was getting my breakfast when Zeus came in the kitchen, stopped before my legs and sniffed around.

I wasn't in the mood for anything after the night at Jamie's house.

Let's not repeat the same mistake heart, I thought to myself.

No more thinking about us.

About you.

No more heart breaks.

I had read somewhere we can't get hurt if we expect nothing from anyone. That was easy, it occurred to me initially. I mean don't expect anything, how much could these words mean?

Well, I know now.

Not to expect her push her hair back and look down every time I said she looked beautiful, not to expect her holding me tight during our bike rides, not to expect to tell her how she means the world to me..

Like she was a part of my existence and now I was dying slowly. Without her...

I blinked away the tears that threatened to spill and kept the bowl of kibble on the ground for Zeus.

He continued whimpering..

"Have your food Zeus.." I complained.

He continued to bark and nag me..

I looked at her with utmost patience while she served him a few strips of bacon on top of the kibble.

"What are you doing! He doesn't like that.." I warned her. To my surprise Zeus jumped to have his food wagging his tail and Blossom looked at me rolling her eyes as if telling me she was the master of the house now.

"This is unfair, you can't make my dog love you more.. You will have to bear the.... consequences.." I slowly banded my arms around her to look at her shiver at our bridging distance. I had trapped in between the kitchen counter and myself and she blushed.