Letter 44

"When you said your last goodbye
I died a little bit inside
I lay in tears in bed all night
Alone without you by my side..." --All I want, Kodaline.

#Undo_This

( The tune which Blossom played is available at the media box.)

Dear Reader,

"Please sit straight. I need to put your makeup on."

I did as I was told but I was so hell bent nervous about everything that I had lost all sources of patience. I tried hard to remain calm and composed as Jamie had texted me but I suffered an adrenaline rush sorta feeling veining up my body.

I heard a knock at the door, sighing deeply and thinking finally Dexter is here. He'd make me feel better. He always knows what's best to do at every situations.

"Hey did Dex come back?"

I shook my head and pushed my phone to Tristan in order to call him. The show started and its just ten minutes before my turn comes up. He had to be here. Anyhow.

"You think I've not? I tried calling him but every time its going to voicemail. I left him a few messages."

All strange thoughts perked up my mind. What if he's not going to come? What if he misses my show? What if he lost his way?

Really Blossom? He's not technically twelve  you know.

"Hey, you got a big thing coming up now. You need to focus on your competition and forget about everything else." Tristan sat with his knees down in front of my chair.

Even Dexter?

I was about to run my fingers through my hair in extreme hopelessness but the makeup girl stopped me. "Don't. It took me half an hour to do just the hair."

Tristan light heartily grinned. "Don't worry. I'll be backstage, I'll inform you somehow if Dexter comes up."

"Then we'll beat the shit out of him for being late." I glared at him looking completely bewildered.

"Kidding." He confessed.

It made me laugh though at the back of my mind there's only one thing running continuously. What was that errand that he had? That made him leave the best moment of my life? I frowned.

Someone knocked the door and a man with a clipboard came in. "Blossom Jones. You're next."

Tristan showed me a thumbs up and taking a deep breath I got off from my chair. God, I got this. As I was about to leave the room, I heard my phone beeping on the table.

I picked up my dress and ran towards the table to see one voice mail from Dexter.

My whole soul felt replenished with new hopes and new encouragements. Maybe he's close by or maybe he's just making fun of me. Trying to see how awfully I manage without him. Maybe Tristan is right. I do need to beat the shit out of him when he comes back..

With a click I heard his voice and I cannot possibly explain how nice it felt to listen to him. It was beyond nice.

"Hey just called up to say I'm running a bit late. I promised you I'll make things better in your life or at least try to and I just want you to know that is the reason I'm away from you now. And this is not me being a person who's showing off this is me trying to say that... I love you."