Letter 17

Author's note: This chapter is dedicated to (i)timetraveller_00 for the cute cover and (ii)CharlotteMellisa15 for the hilarious comments.. Happy Reading:)

Dear Reader,

"So Mr. Jones we came to talk to you about something.."said Jamie.
All of them were here today(well obviously not him..What did you guys think?) at my place in the hope of convincing my dad to allow me participate in that stupid competition. I tried a number of ways to stop them but you know my friends right? Specifically Jamie..

"Is this something I should be worried about?" My dad was again hyper tensed...

Dads.

They look at each other for a while and then finally Jamie speaks up.. "There is this competition... A Musicana actually.. And we were thinking if Blossom could participate.."

I could see his face immediately turn serious and pale, draining out every bit of emotion.. No expressions, just a vague look. . .

"I don't think she's into any kind of music now" he muttered.

"Sir, I think you should give her a chance.." George said.

"I appreciate that you people have been there with my daughter for a long time but there are certain decisions  that I'd like to take myself..And as it is about her, I'll do what is best for her.." Although unintentionally yet he was being rude now.

There were certain times where I wanted to speak desperately, this was surely one of them.. I so wished that I could speak...

"Mr. Jones, we didn't mean it that way.. We wanted to-" Jamie begins but couldn't finish..

"I think that's enough of discussion.. Thank you for the proposal but Blossom is not participating in any competition whatsoever.." Dad gets up from the couch and walks into his room..

*  *  *

It was almost midnight while I was reading a book placed comfortably in my cozy blankets.. The bed lamp was on and suddenly I hear my phone vibrate.. I pick it up from the adjacent table and see a message

1 new message from Dexter.

Hi.

Seriously? At twelve in the midnight "hi"!! How about coming directly to the point...

'Hi...' I texted back.

So I heard your father didn't allow for the Musicana..

'Yeah..' I didn't know what else to say..

You okay?

'I guess...'
I admit it.. I'm really bad at texting..

'I don't know actually... I mean you know piano has been a very important part of my life.. I have a thousand memories with my mom and she loved it when I used to play it but at the same time, I can't hurt my dad... He's everything to me..' I stopped and thought I had already written enough..

He didn't reply back..

That made me feel a bit embarrassed.. Maybe he was feeling awkward..
'I'm sorryif I'm boring you with my stupid stories.' I texted.

I know what its like to lose your family.. Thats why I like you.. You never let anyone know about what's bothering you.. You want to face your fears by yourself. But sometimes I think you need to let go of your fears and listen to your heart.. Do something that you want to instead of thinking about the rest of the world..

He wrote me about ten lines but all I read again and again was "That's why I like you."
I smiled and grinned.. What's this crazy feeling? Its like butterflies are fluttering in my stomach..

'Thank you for holding my hand when I needed someone by my side..'

I didn't wait for his reply.. I knew he wouldn't.. He always preferred to leave certain things unsaid..
I immediately scrolled down to Jamie's number and texted her : 'Dude, how do you know when you're in love??'

"Its like violins play in your mind and you see that person everywhere around you..... ALL OF THIS IS BULL(CRAP)
But seriously I think its when you like being with Dex(er this is just an example) and stuff..." She texted back.

I could feel my cheeks going red and all I could text her back was "Shut up"..

"Blossom are you awake??" I heard my dad's voice and kept my phone aside.

He entered the room and smiled at me.. "I saw the lights on so thought of talking to you for a while."

I patted the bed and showed him to sit with me..

"I know I've been rude but... I had no intention of doing so.. Its just that I get agitated whenever this topic comes up and you know that.."
His voice sounded deep and serious..

I know.

Silence.

He looks up at me and asks, "Do you want to take part in that Musicana??"

I didn't know how to react.. Should I nod my head and tell that I wanna give it a try or leave this idea of taking part in the competition... After a while I realised maybe I should tell him that I want to try.. Give my life a chance maybe?

"I'm so glad you don't want to take part in it.. You made the right decision." He hugged me before I could say anything further.. He kissed my forehead and finally said, "Dad and Blossom against the world right?"

I weakly smiled...

So I don't know what to do now.. I'm just stuck in the middle or something and choosing one is not possible for me.. I don't have any clue where this leads to...

Love
Blossom:)