Letter 19

'She is still waiting for her broken heart to get fixed by the same person who broke it'-- Anonymous.

#Decision_Time

Dear Reader,

For a moment I thought I couldn't feel the ground under my feet. I stared at my father without having a clue what he was going to say next. I wanted him to know this was not planned.. I wanted to speak to him.. Tell him I cannot think of ever hurting him.. I tried to swallow the lump in my throat and wanted to tell him that I was sorry.

He turned away so I went up to him and kept my hand on his shoulder.

Every time I did that he turned back and looked back at me.

But this time he didn't..

Instead he removed my hand from his shoulder.. "Don't pretend to show that you care." He uttered.

When he said that, I felt the glue that he had applied fall away. But I couldn't be mad at him, I loved him..

I did care.

Through blurred eyes I waited for him to react.. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned to see Jamie.. All of them were there with me, trying to lessen the pain..

"Mr. Jones, it wasn't her idea.. We forced her to play a few notes." Jamie said hesitantly.

"It was me who asked her to do it.." Dexter confessed..

My dad turned around this time.
"You're Dexter right? Didn't I tell you to stay away from her?"

He didn't reply.. He looked at the ground.

"Okay that's it.. Blossom, I can't ignore your actions anymore.. Either you choose to leave playing it and stay with me or..."

Or??

At first I didn't get him.. But when I understood I was speechless..

"Sir, what are you saying? Please she's already hurt.. Don't do this please.." said Grace.

"Decision time Blossom... Dreams or me.. Piano or staying with dad..

Friends or me? "

I closed my eyes to prevent myself from crying and all I could picture was my mom playing the piano..

I took a few steps and held Jamie's hand with one hand and Dexter's hand with the other.. I know this won't be easy but I will try my best..

He looked shocked.. He didn't expect this.. His eyes were red and looked extremely hurt..

*  *  *

"So the left side of the bed is mine and the right is yours, okay?" I heard Jamie enter the room.. Her room.

I didn't know how to respond. I just looked at her.

"Hey babe, its going to be okay.. And you can stay at my place for as long as you want.. Its like sleepovers!" She smiled and hugged.

Although she mentioned about staying at her place for as long as I wanted, yet I was determined to get a part time job the next morning.. I need money, with which I could rent a flat.

This was my journey and I was determined to do this on my own.