Letter 14

Author's note: Sorry I keep popping up again and again, but trust me folks.. Its all your fault.. (Just kidding, dont you dare stop commenting)The overwhelming comments that you write to me, I just have to dedicate chapters to my readers..
i)ka15111994
ii)zanily
iii)jencyjamesmathai
p.s. I hope this chapter satisfies your hunger,tayyabalaraib;)
The song in the media box is just perfect for this chapter guys, enjoy!
Happy reading:)

Dear Reader,

I see an old cottage in front of my sight and he parks the car next to the house.. There was a sudden sound, a barking and I was startled to see a white Labrador run towards Dexter..

He kneeled down and patted him, "What's up Zeus??"

The dog wagged his tail and it was clear he was happy to see Dexter. He followed us in the house..
I would rather describe the house as one of those small cosy home with less furniture and more antique stuff placed neatly all around the living room.. Everything in their proper place. . . A beautiful piano in the center of the room, shiny and well kept. A book shelf at a corner with a number of books adorned with dust..

I followed him into a room.. Zeus placed himself comfortably on the door mat and looked at Dexter.. There was this bed which reminded me of the bed in his room.. White sheets properly kept and huge pillows on the bed.

"Make yourself at home. I'll be back." Dexter walks out of the room with Zeus following him... It was clear that they shared a strong bond. Zeus seemed to be really happy, maybe because he came back after a long time.

This house was yet another mystery to me.. The room illuminated by only a dim light. Whose place is this? Why did he showed me this place? The strange fact was there was no photos in the room,no feature which would make me guess about his origin.

My eyes drift towards the mirror where I see my own reflection.. My hair messed up and red marks on my arms.. The thought of Jake now made me shiver with fear.. He crossed his limits.. What would happen if he does something again? How would I face him.. How could a guy possibly be this insensitive? How could he possibly think of going to this extent? Should I tell dad about this?? What if he freaks out?
The questions kept haunting me until I realized some clothes being kept adjacent to me. I glance at it to find out that its a dress...

What was a girl's dress doing at his place? Or was this his place at all??

"You can wear this.. Here, take this." Dexter's deep voice reverberated in the room..

He handed me  a cup of hot coffee and kneels down in front of the bed before me.. I didn't have the guts to look at him... I feared that I'll start crying..
"Look up." He touches my chin and slowly pushes it up.

Gradually I look up to him, his blue eyes staring at me.. Our eyes met and for a moment I thought I had stopped breathing.

Easy Blossom.. Breathe in.. Breathe out.

"He's not going to hurt you now, coz I'm with you .. I will always be.. I'd make sure no one ever hurts you..

Sometimes you make choices in your life while sometimes choices make you...

I choose to be with you.."

I felt a lump form in my throat... It was as if i couldn't feel the ground under my feet..
Why did he say this? My subconscious mind replaying what he said again and again... I was helplessly looking at him.

"Do you trust me?" I could nearly hear the beating of my heart listening to what he said..

Yes Dexter,I do. I really do..
I weakly nodded..

I finished my coffee, changed my dress and went to bed. It was a hell of an experience and all I wanted was a good sleep to make me forget about it..

*  *  *

I woke up after a while as I couldn't sleep properly.. Strange thoughts peeping in my dreams forced me to keep eyes open. I get up and walk towards the window.. It was still dark outside, a cool breeze caressed my face..That felt better..

Suddenly I see him in the lawn outside sitting with Zeus, patting him on the head..
I was really happy to see Dexter was himself with Zeus.. He looked as if he longed to be here. It was as if Zeus was his family..He looked happy..

"You okay buddy?" Zeus wagged his tail at his question. . .

I couldn't help myself from walking myself to them. The dog looked up at me and dragged himself towards the other side of Dexter making a place for me sit..

Silence.

Both of us er.. The three of us looking up at the sky and realising it was almost time for sunrise... A few birds chirped breaking the silence occasionally..

"Why does it hurts so much when the person from whom we expect so much does something... (pauses)so-- so unexpected.. We fucking pour our heart out and all they do is tear us apart... You know wanna know why? Coz (pauses)... We feel empty coz we leave pieces of ourselves in everything we used to love..."

I didn't understand what was he talking about but all I understood was that he was in pain.. He had so much of things within him, that sometimes it suffocated him..

I couldn't say anything to soothe him so I kept my hand on his. I wanted him to realize that I was with him the same way he was.. I wanted to comfort him...

I wanted him to count on me..

"You know what, I give a damn..." (pauses, his voice gets deeper) With this he gets up and walks off.

I pull his hand and try to stop him.. I had a lot of questions which he needed to answer me.. If I could trust him, why couldn't he?

"Leave my hand Blossom.. (pauses) I can't tell you.. I don't trust anyone, there's too much of bad shit in this world.." He removes my hand and walks off into the house..

Love
Blossom:)