30

"I can't believe that Dumbledore let Potter back into school!" Ron hissed as he sat with Hermione and Neville in the Gryffindor common room.

"He didn't get sentenced to any crime so Dumbledore pretty much can't do anything unless Harry breaks a rule" Hemione pointed out.

"I don't think he'd do it even if he could" Neville said.

"What do you mean?" Ron asked.

"I mean that everyone knows that Harry never wanted to come here and everyone knows that he wants to leave and plans to leave the second he completes his fifth year. I think Dumbledore wants Harry here for some reason"

"What reason?" Hermione asked.

"I don't know" Neville shrugged "maybe to keep an eye on him, maybe he needs Harry for something. Either way, we need to work on avoiding Harry, especially you two. You two are the biggest problems here"

"What is that supposed to mean?!" Hermione demanded.

"You both have tempers" Neville raised his hand to interrupt them both "don't argue, you both know it's true. You two have confronted Harry a few times in the past, I know I did a few times but you two have done it far more times than me. Ron, I don't care how angry you get, whenever you get angry remember that Harry is an assassin who could quite easily kill you. And Hermione, stay away from him. It's well known about the one-sided rivalry between the two of you"

"What do you mean?" Hermione asked, not entirely sure what Neville was talking about.

"You're kidding right?" Neville looked at Hermione with disbelief.

"No, I'm not, what are you talking about?"

"Hermione it's well known that you've been constantly trying to do better in class than him for the longest time, it's also well known that he doesn't really care about this little rivalry thing you have going on."

"What do you mean?!"

"Hermione you've been trying to beat the guy in classes for years, it's obvious to everyone with a brain. But the whole thing got rather stale around the end of first year, everyone knows that you're trying to do better while he's trying just to ignore you."

"Oh...well I...hold on...what do you mean everyone knows?!"

"Hermione that's not important, what is important is that Harry is dangerous" Neville gave the stubborn girl the best serious look he could muster "you've seen him. He shoots flames out of his hands and feet and mouth and you saw him kill those 'Libra' guys. Hermione, he didn't even pause, he made sure they were dead then walked off. Is that the kind of guy you want to piss off?"

"No" Hermione shook her head "but Professor Dumbledore could protect us and so can the other teachers"

"And what do you think they can do if Harry sends a cutting curse at your neck when they're not around?" Neville argued "Hermione, this isn't some bully that the teachers can tell off. This is an ex-assassin! Anything they can do won't be enough, especially if they do it after Harry kills you and we all know it won't take him more than a few seconds to do that"

"F...fine" Hermione sighed as she lowered her head "I'll stay away from him"

"Good" Neville nodded "Ron?" He turned to the redhead.

"Fine" Ron nodded "but...I still can't believe he's an assassin, my parents wanted to adopt him! I could've had an assassin living in my house!"

"My gran wanted to adopt him too" Neville reminded Ron "you should've seen the look on my grans face after she found out."