49

Aberforth stood at his bar, cleaning a mug, today was a slow day as he hadn't really had much customers yet. The pub was currently empty in fact.

"Hello brother." A voice said, Aberforth resisted the urge to sigh as he turned around to see Albus Dumbledore standing on the other side of the bar.

"Albus," Aberforth nodded. "you've aged."

"I dare say I am not the only one." Albus said with a small smile as he took a seat at the bar.

"So brother, would you like something to drink?" Aberforth asked.

"Perhaps another time," Dumbledore replied. "I am actually here for a reason."

"I can guess, matter of fact I will, would it happen to be about young Mr Potter?"

"Yes, yes it is." Dumbledore nodded. "I understand that the boy had come here recently."

"The auror reports not enough for you?" Aberforth asked.

"I wanted to hear thing from your point of view." Dumbledore said. "What happened?"

"More than a hundred years old and still playing detective." Aberforth said with a sad shake of his head.

"I am not a detective, I am..."

"A teacher," Aberforth cut him off. "that doesn't give you the right to go and question whoever you want. Neither do any of your other fancy titles."

"But I can ask as your brother."

"Albus you've never cared enough to be a brother, don't think you can start pulling the big brother crap when we're both a few years from the 'next big adventure' as you like to call it!" Aberforth snapped.

"You're wrong Abe, I have always cared for you."

"Oh, when?" Aberforth raised an eyebrow. "When we were kids and you were too 'smart and busy' too play with me and young Ariana? When you were off playing with your boytoy Grindelwald?"

"Aberforth." Dumbledore said in a warning tone.

"Or perhaps any of the other years when we've never talked."

"I was not the one who said and I quote 'never talk to me again'."

"Preciously, you were fine with that until Potter comes to my pub."

"Aberforth please," Dumbledore said in a tired voice. "just tell me what happened with Mr Potter?"

"Fine, if nothing it'll get you out of here. Some death eaters came, ordered some food and drinks. They sat around talking, I go into the back for a while then I come back when I hear some noise, I come back and find Harry Potter there. He had killed three of them and was talking to the only one left, Macnir was the death eaters name. Potter told him that if he wanted to live then he would have to make a magical vow to never work for Voldemort and give up to the ministry and confess his crimes.

Macnir, the idiot, thought that Potter was bluffing. Potter killed him and that's the end of that. I'm glad someone's finally getting something done."

"Aberforth surely you can't mean that."

"Surely I can." Aberforth shrugged. "The death eaters have been doing whatever they bloody want since before the last war. The ministry either chose not to do anything at first and now they simply aren't capable of getting things done."

"Yes but we cannot just kill each and every problem that gets in our way." Dumbledore argued.

"Albus if that was what Potter was doing then he would've killed you by now. From what I've heard Potter offered Voldemort a chance to leave him out of this war and then Voldemort responded by kidnapping his family. Potter's after revenge so the only people he's going for are those he wants. Just don't give the boy reason to go after you and I think you'll be fine. Matter of fact Potter had a message for you."